• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam and Dalton ready to shine in Hawaii.

Pox 08

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iIan4Zgn3Rp6HVpSDbxANPuc8Kzw?docId=e1434da6d4864c9eac0c234a5dc05100

Rookies Newton, Dalton ready to shine in Hawaii

By JAYMES SONG, AP Sports Writer – 7 hours ago

HONOLULU (AP) — From the panorama of the Pacific outside his hotel window to watching NFC teammates Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees throw the ball, Cam Newton can't help but stare and be inspired by all the perfect views in paradise.

"This is unbelievable, man. This is so gratifying and just to have the opportunity to be here is a blessing," the Carolina Panthers quarterback said in an interview with The Associated Press.

Newton and fellow rookie quarterback Andy Dalton of the Cincinnati Bengals were chosen to replace Super Bowl quarterbacks Eli Manning and Tom Brady for Sunday's Pro Bowl. Their selection makes this Pro Bowl the first time in history that the all-star game will feature two rookie quarterbacks.

In fact, the only two rookie signal callers to make the Pro Bowl since 1970 are Vince Young and Dan Marino.

Newton, the No. 1 overall selection in the 2011 draft, said he's just soaking up the experience and enjoying being with his new teammates.

"I'm a fan of all these guys — Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews, Larry Fitzgerald — the list goes on with all the All-Pro guys that are here and I get to share the field with," he said.

Newton is backing up Brees and Rodgers, and doesn't mind starting on the bench.

"I idolized them throughout the year, watched so much film on them how they play the game from the check downs, to the way they throw, to everything," Newton said. "Lo and behold, we're on the same roster.

"So I'm watching and learning. What better way to learn than firsthand? I don't really don't mind, especially to these two MVP candidates. I'll be second string to that, man," he said.

Newton's season wasn't too shabby, either. He's the first quarterback ever to throw for 4,000 yards and rush for 500 yards.

Didn't see it posted. If it has... my bad.

Archived