• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which way are we headed?

redbuddha

lol

Well here is what I know, there are no more possible excuses. I am sure the huddle will come up with one but this is fuging it, we better have a winning season. The past three years all I heard were excuses from new coaching to young guys to injuries to having no QB not full offseason etc.

Our coaching has implemented a plan into place. Qb, give him one year experience, check. Rivera has a full off season and a full cast of his drafts. Locked up core guys. Check, check, check.

If we don't have a winning season, especially after seeing Cam last year I will be very concerned with where we are headed.

although the SB is the ultimate prize, I will be happy if we become a year in / year out competitive team that others recognize as a legitimate threat anytime we take the field. The odds are against winning a SB to begin with - but it is easily attainable to be a consistent threat.

Once you become a consistent team, the playoffs and SB appearances will follow.

Can't base this off one year. If a team gets hot, they're hot.

The Saints were ice cold at the beginning of the 2009 playoffs, losing their last 3 in a row.

Last year, there were no powerhouses in the NFC -- Atlanta had the best record. The Packers defeated the Bears in the regular season and the Eagles were all hype. Then a 7-9 team was in the playoffs. Not exactly the typical playoff outing to base anything on.

Only three AFC teams have gone to the Super Bowl in the last 10 years so you definitely can't use the argument on that side.

Archived