• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Dad,

Brokenbad

I know you will never read this. You don't even have an email account and I doubt you know how to turn on a computer.

Please let me reassure you that nothing is your fault. I am a grown man and you are not accountable for my actions, even when you die. I know you are a religous man and you did a very good job of raising me in the religous ways you saw appropriate.

You are an excellent dad, and you do not give yourself enough credit for being the great dad that you are. If it was not for you, there are a lot of things that would have gotten me in trouble by now. You do not realize the positive impact that you have had in my life and I don't think you ever will.

Perhaps I am having trouble believing in Christianity, but it is not your fault. You did a very good job of being a father to me.

Dad, I just want you to know. I am not a normal person. There are plenty of things that make me quite abnormal. I know you have made the "what is normal?" comparison, but I am far from it.

Dad, I suffer from depression, anxiety, and although I have not been diagnosed, I am pretty sure I have a personality disorder. On top of all this I may have a smidgen of PTSD.

I love you dad, please know that even though you see some things in me that you think is your fault, please look at all the good things about me and know that it is because of you.

Seriously people, why down him he's going through a rough tim right now and all ya'll can think of is little jokes, he could be depressed hell most of us could. No need to make him feel worse, my girl just left me 2 days ago and I'm upset as well, show some respect. Yea maybe this is the wrong place to look for help but obviously he's reaching out, because he needs people to help him through this stage in his life. The last thing anyone should do is belittle him. My world felt like it ended a couple days ago, because she was my life. I woke up just to hear her voice everyday, but god forbid I ask any of you for advice, all id get is a bunch of immature snide remarks and pictures from most of you, cardiac dont fault yourself for the position your in, yea you question your beliefs and yea it might seem overwhelming, but you control your life we live in a free country for a reason. Just find a middle ground, and know your father will never hate you there's always that love from parent to child...accept who you are and don't let anyone try to skew your views of the lifestyle your choosing.

Archived