• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

ROUND 1 - New Jersey (3) vs. Carolina (6)

ProfessorPeppers

I don't know much about hockey and really only watch when the Canes get to the postseason- but that was a fun game to watch.

2 Questions-

What the hell is icing?

On face offs, why don't they drop the puck right away- seems that the guys do some meaningless jabbing before it's actually dropped?

Thanks for your help.

Icing is an attempt to clear the puck out of zone. If the puck crosses the center and blue line and reaches the goal line unplayable it is icing. The offending team cant change players and the face off is back in the zone it came from. There are times icing can be waved off ...the only one i am sure is on the power play

As for the puck that is a refs discretion. They like to make sure both players are set and arent going to "jump" the drop. Any player got jumping the drop can be kicked out of the circle and another player has to take the faceoff

Ward has only 20 more postseason shutouts to tie Roy and Brodeur. Tuesdays game is going to be huge. There will Be two Game 7 on the same night. Caps And RAgs.

I beleive if we can come out strong get an early penalty, and score the first goal.

How about walker and gleason with the fisticuffs???

How about the Wizard Ray Whitney tonight. He was the leader in Points for the canes this season and we needed him and Stall to step it up in this game and they did. The best move the Canes have made this series is moving Whitney to Stall's line for Cole. We need them to have another big game Tuesday if we want to win and we need a Powerplay goal I think. Great game tonight though by the whole team.

I think the momentum is definitely on Carolina's side. Even from Game 5. We dominated scoring chances for that game, and had it not been for an untimely penalty, I would be willing to bet that game would have gone into OT. Carolina just needs to get the first goal and get Broduer rattled. The man gives up an ungodly amount of rebounds, we just need to finish.

I still say we need a goal from someone who hasnt score one yet. Samsanov... somone... I think Larose is due one as well. Whitney said the reason there line is so good is because of Larose. The dude just never gives up!

Larose was the reason Staal got his first goal. Whitney flicked it up there and Larose busted his ass to get to the puck and keep it from leaving the zone. I like this teams fire for game 7.

We are going to need a A+ performance along with some goals from the Brindy line. The Staal line will like be against Madden line , and Cullen line against the Parise line. I think they can cancel each other out and we need production from our 3rd and 4th line....After watching game 6 we look like the fresher team...Is NJ out of Gas??

Game 7...TONIGHT!!!!

LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!! LET'S GO 'CANES!!!

Archived