• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We destroyed the Giants in the 05 Playoffs

Snake

Yeah, sign me up for that one too.

:iagree: I'm hoping we can accomplish this in the draft IF Peppers is traded. More talent on the DL would do wonders for the D.

I hope you're not referring to Trgovac here because he did NOT leave on his own.

I don't think he was referring to Trgo, but the other defensive assistants did leave on their own. You probably knew that, though.:biggrin5:

Another parallel is that all those winning seasons up until they won the Super Bowl, a huge part of the Giants fan base and media were screaming for Coughlin's head.

Thanks for not crying. All those tears were sinking my post.

Another parallel is that all those winning seasons up until they won the Super Bowl, a huge part of the Giants fan base and media were screaming for Coughlin's head.

Eli's too. Another forgotten thing was about how much they were written off when Tiki Barber retired.

what a superficial parallel at best.

They had a young average QB who hasn't really gotten any better. We don't.

They had an up and coming defensive line that was only going to be built better over the next few years. Jury's still out and I'd like to see us get 4 deep at DE like they did. And I'm talking 10-sack guys here, guys who wouldn't need to split time on another team.

Most importantly, they had a critical trait we don't. Accountability. The Giants powerwashed the defense after the Philly game in '06. Tim Lewis=gone. Something we ourselves weren't up to the task of doing, that in our case our assistants left on their own accord.

Fixed it for you

We may see some growing pains this year also. Really dont know at the moment but Im sure the scheme will be different.

I agree they will likely have growing pains under Meeks, that's why I was pointing that out. I should have made that more clear, my bad.

They went 8-8 the season after.

And made the playoffs. The difference? When the Cats went 8-8 in 2006 they missed the playoffs due to the stupid NYG beating the stupid Redskins the night before the Cats beat the Saints. Should have been Carolina! Argh. (That's what happens when you don't handle your own business though and have to count on other teams. It's still frustrating, however!!)

Fixed it for you

And will be paying him an azzload more money for about the same level of performance as (and in some instances worse than) Jake's. Eli's defense dominated in his SB, Jake's didn't...that's the difference.

Oh wait...I forgot, we have learned over the years and especially this offseason that Hurney iz dumm. D'oh...nevermind...carry on! :D

Archived