• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My mock draft...

Donald LaFell

1st David DeCastro OG - I simply don't care about these dumb rules about not taking a certain position. I thought about drafting a tackle and moving Otah to guard but he's not really a guy I would want pulling/trapping. Hurney mentioned keeping the strength strong, and they only percieved strength on offense that needs help is O-line. Newton is talented enough to elevate whatever receivers he throws to, we don't need a wide receiver. We need to keep Newton upright and be able to use Double Trouble at will. Going BPA has never hurt us in the 1st.

2nd Lavonte David OLB - this really feels like a "so-close, yet so far" kind of scenario and I'm afraid we might be too far to get him. But hopefully he falls. He would be a perfect WLB for us.

4th - Trevor Guyton DE - this will be a guy that will take some pressure off of Charles Johnson on the interior work. Rivera said he wanted to lower Johnson's snaps and that Johnson was doing too much. This solves that problem. I think we have good players on the D-line they are just stretched too thin.

5th - Micheal Egnew TE - Hoping on the Athletic TE craze that is sweeping the NFL. We have an amazing coach for developing TEs and Shockey may not be coming back.

6th - Adonis Thomas RB - Rivera wanted a scatback, but more importantly, he has a cool name.

7th - Tysyn Hartman FS - doesn't really matter at this point just adding some depth.

a little heavy offensively but now that we've found our franchise QB I believe in drafting strictly BPA.

So we have our first round pick sit on the bench behind Otah and even possibly Bell.

Meanwhile, RG still has a lack of talent and we continue to be massacred at that area.

But hey, at least we didn't use a draft pick on a position you're not "supposed" to, even if it meant forgoing superior talent.

So you like the pair of Gross and Bell (Otah) better than Wharton and Hangartner? Tackle is more of a need to me.

I wouldn't say being raw is a bad thing. Reiff is very athletic and can play multiple positions. He most certainly can come in and start right away. Not saying he is better than DeCastro, haven't seen much of him to be honest. But what I am saying is that Reiff, because he is a tackle, should better help our OL as a whole.

Archived