• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KARMA is a B!tCH

chknwing

Since then, they've accomplished:

18-1 season, sole loss in the Super Bowl

3 #1 Seeds ('07, '10, '11)

4 playoff appearances, only season without one they lost Brady and got screwed by tiebreakers

No season with less than 11 wins

2 SB Appearances, barely lost both

Clearly though, they only had success because they "cheated" (which isn't even really cheating anyway since every team does it anyway; the only problem was the location they did the taping).

It would appear you may have missed the point that PackPanther made. Please re-read. Additionally, every team does not illegally film their opponents.

18-1 season, sole loss in the Super Bowl

I'd rather go 9-7 and win 4 playoff games, gaining a championship in the process. It's more impressive. And lol if the refs didn't fug over the Ravens in that monday night game the "undefeated" storyline wouldn't have made it past week 13.

3 #1 Seeds ('07, '10, '11)

lol that no.1 seed went one and done against the jets in 2010 and if the AFC wasn't total poo this year they wouldn't have even made it to the SB so that they could lose to the first 9-7 superbowl champions.

4 playoff appearances, only season without one they lost Brady and got screwed by tiebreakers

lol at the Patriots ever being "screwed", especially by standard tiebreakers that would count against any team in the league.

No season with less than 11 wins

yay

2 SB Appearances, barely lost both

uh-huh. great.

What's interesting about this is that there's a huge misconception going on with NFL fans in general and this Patriots admiration society in the media. Because Belichick does the 2nd-5th best coaching job in any given year after 2004, this means to people that he's no.1 overall in the last 8 years, and it's an atrocity of sports journalism that despite beating him now 2 times in the superbowl within the last 5 years while being perceived as the underdog, it's not going to convince SI or any other entity that covers the NFL that Tom Coughlin is a better coach than Belichick at least right now (which he is), and this sports media flying elvis circle-jerk is going to keep on moving forward with the consensus opinion in coaching rankings continuing to feature Belichick at the top.

OK, what exactly is your point?

My point was that they still had tremendous success even after they got caught, which means that it clearly wasn't the reason they were having success even before that.

So, I'm sort of looking for where you are actually proving me wrong or something. Of course I'd rather go 9-7 and win a Super Bowl. Never once said otherwise. Simply am stating that the Patriots are still one of the best teams in the league even after the incident which throws out any of the "lol only reason they won sbz cos of det thingy wich isnt rlly illegalz if u lookz at factz" statements New England haters like to throw out. I'm not a big New England fan but I hate uninformed statements like that. Multiple coaches have admitted to doing the same thing and the league even recognized that taping signals isn't illegal (you know, which is why teams change their signals EVERY YEAR); it's just of where they did it what was illegal. Team cameras aren't allowed on the sidelines.

So maybe the sooner people learn the facts, the sooner I won't have to inform them of the facts and the sooner you won't have to make posts that really didn't have much of a purpose to what I was saying or what my point was.

So maybe the sooner people learn the facts, the sooner I won't have to inform them of the facts and the sooner you won't have to make posts that really didn't have much of a purpose to what I was saying or what my point was.

if you can find 3 people who really care what your point exactly is on here, i'd be impressed

if you can find 3 people who really care what your point exactly is on here, i'd be impressed

Which explains exactly why you felt the need to, quote-by-quote, respond to my post, right? Because you didn't care, right?

I know when I don't care about something, I still decide to respond to it with a paragraph.

Which explains exactly why you felt the need to, quote-by-quote, respond to my post, right? Because you didn't care, right?

I know when I don't care about something, I still decide to respond to it with a paragraph.

look i know it's hard for you to put sentences together in such a way that you think typing up a paragraph takes some real fortitude but writing well comes easy for me.

look i know it's hard for you to put sentences together in such a way that you think typing up a paragraph takes some real fortitude but writing well comes easy for me.

I like how you're dodging what I said. You obviously cared enough about my post that you felt you needed to respond to it in the manner that you did which was quote-by-quote. The funny thing is, it had little relevance to what I was saying.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't have replied. You did reply which means you obviously cared enough that you needed to put up a rebuttal to what you felt was "wrong." Unless, of course, you just felt like wasting time (which, regardless, you were doing whether you cared or not).

mage do you remember when the pats won like 10 playoff games in a row instead of going one and done or losing SBs to teams that broke records for worst regular season winning percentage for championship winners as a consequence because IMHO the former era doesn't make the latter look tremendously successful

I like how you're dodging what I said. You obviously cared enough about my post that you felt you needed to respond to it in the manner that you did which was quote-by-quote. The funny thing is, it had little relevance to what I was saying.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't have replied. You did reply which means you obviously cared enough that you needed to put up a rebuttal to what you felt was "wrong." Unless, of course, you just felt like wasting time (which, regardless, you were doing whether you cared or not).

how pathetic does your social life have to be that you think someone who heckles you on a vbulletin message board cares about you so very very much

mage do you remember when the pats won like 10 playoff games in a row instead of going one and done or losing SBs to teams that broke records for worst regular season winning percentage for championship winners as a consequence because IMHO the former era doesn't make the latter look tremendously successful

I'm still not sure why you are telling me this stuff. I never said otherwise.

how pathetic does your social life have to be that you think someone who heckles you on a vbulletin message board cares about you so very very much

I never said you cared about me. You just cared about my post and felt you needed to respond and "prove me wrong." Why did you respond in the manner that you did if you didn't care about my post?

Archived