• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D.J. Augustin to the Lakers??

C-A-T-S

From another forum:

bobcats & lakers in talks...LA trying to use trade exception CHO trying to get third team involved (Orlando) don't know all the specifics yet because he doesn't know either but Gasol, Howard, DJ White, Matt Barnes, Jameer Nelson to name a few mentioned to be invovled..bottom line DJ ends in LA seems Charlotte is said to be trying to do too much so maybe deal won't happen but a straight up trade is what LA is trying to do and DJ is being shopped.

Glad to see that Cho is continuing to de-construct and acquire assets.

My only issue is that 1. What "young talents" do either the Magic or the Lakers have that are tradeable and 2. Neither of those teams are in the lottery, so the chances that any acquired picks from either team will result in impact players are slim.

Glad to see that Cho is continuing to de-construct and acquire assets.

My only issue is that 1. What "young talents" do either the Magic or the Lakers have that are tradeable and 2. Neither of those teams are in the lottery, so the chances that any acquired picks from either team will result in impact players are slim.

agreed

the only young guys on those teams are Goudelock, Ebanks, Orton, Earl Clark, and Ryan Anderson

Somehow I don't see us swinging Daniel Orton and Ryan Anderson

I don't think it would happen if we didn't get young talent or picks. I am not even sure who they have as far as young talent besides that Morris kid from Michigan. The first team I always think for suitors for DJ Augustin is LAL. They desperately need a PG.

I seriously wish we would go out and sign Adam Morrison. I guess we can't because he is under contract. But he is averaging like a bajillion points overseas and straight up ballin. The guy can play. He had some good games for us but his knee injury really slowed down his progression. He would be a major upgrade over Carroll if nothing else. Plus he has the long hair and stache back. Which is the main reason I like him.

agreed

the only young guys on those teams are Goudelock, Ebanks, Orton, Earl Clark, and Ryan Anderson

Somehow I don't see us swinging Daniel Orton and Ryan Anderson

this is an excellent young talent drafted in the 2nd round by the Lakers. He has gotten really good reviews from his teammates and coaches. I would bust a nut if he came to Charlotte! His problem is that he backs up Kobe, which means he doesn't get as many minutes per game. Put him on the court, he will produce.

That is all.

The thing about getting picks from either LA or Orlando (or any team outside the lottery) is those picks can be used to package with our existing picks to move up if we don't have the top pick. Also we will have to give up our first rounder to Chicago at some point and the more picks we have now the less impact losing that pick will have down the road.

I seriously wish we would go out and sign Adam Morrison. I guess we can't because he is under contract. But he is averaging like a bajillion points overseas and straight up ballin. The guy can play. He had some good games for us but his knee injury really slowed down his progression. He would be a major upgrade over Carroll if nothing else. Plus he has the long hair and stache back. Which is the main reason I like him.

There's a reason he's averaging a bajillion points, he's playing overseas. He's proven he can't play over here. It's a different animal.

this is an excellent young talent drafted in the 2nd round by the Lakers. He has gotten really good reviews from his teammates and coaches. I would bust a nut if he came to Charlotte! His problem is that he backs up Kobe, which means he doesn't get as many minutes per game. Put him on the court, he will produce.

That is all.

You're not getting Goudelock, I can PROMISE you that. Unless you have a Deron Williams or Dwight Howard hiding on your roster Goudelock is going to be in purple and gold....

I'm not paying much attention to any potential trades in much detail, but what about sending DJ Augustin to Minnesota in exchange for Michael Beasley? Whether or not Beasley wants to re-sign after his contract is up, is not particularly important.

Archived