• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reed: Source says not even one offer for Pep to date

Fireball77

I wonder how many other FOs are like the Pats' and wouldn't deal with an agent directly and would have wanted to see Pep sign the tender before they would consider the idea also.

I really think that Pep should fire his agent because from all I have seen, the man badly mishandled the whole thing from jump. Pep has learned the high price of being too loyal to someone.

YUP. I can see that by us not really being able to trade him, many teams have decided to wait and see what happens...today.

When he turned down the contract last season, we should have been actively trying to move him. We knew the tag was over 16mil, and that we would be using it.....I don't really understand why no more was done to move him.

next yrs first may be a top 10 pick at rate things are going and with schedule, so not sure.

on other hand if you are Fox and Hurney you may need to roll dice again, you got worse so far in offseason, this is a way to get something of value now for use next season.

YUP. I can see that by us not really being able to trade him, many teams have decided to wait and see what happens...today.

When he turned down the contract last season, we should have been actively trying to move him. We knew the tag was over 16mil, and that we would be using it.....I don't really understand why no more was done to move him.

The problem is he had a down year in 2007, and was entering the last year of his deal. No one in their right mind would have given the Panthers decent compensation then. He's coming off a productive year now and he can't get a nibble.

You want to bet? Hurney might have said it but when it gets down to crunch time I bet he backs off that.

Its Draft day, Im not sold on Peps agents skills, and big deals take time. Sure I call your bluff and say dose not go for less then 2 firsts untill he signs his tender.;)

The problem is he had a down year in 2007, and was entering the last year of his deal. No one in their right mind would have given the Panthers decent compensation then. He's coming off a productive year now and he can't get a nibble.

I still don't buy that though. There are always teams that are interested in a proven pass rusher even if he has some flaws.

next yrs first may be a top 10 pick at rate things are going and with schedule, so not sure.

on other hand if you are Fox and Hurney you may need to roll dice again, you got worse so far in offseason, this is a way to get something of value now for use next season.

You're retarded.....what makes you think that we will all of a sudden go from a 12-4 Division winner, to a top 10 pick just like that? As long as we have our o-line in tact, along with our 2 stud RB's and Steve Smith, we will not have much trouble scoring with anyone this year. You know, when other teams look at their schedules and see us, they probably say "Oh poo....we have to play the Panthers."

our Defense is worse(unless Meeks makes a difference)

on offense we lost Key reserves(Thanks Pep), all it takes is an injury or two and things can fall apart there.

then factor in how much tougher the schedule next season could be and the fact our Division is getting alot better and we are not....its possible, especially given our track record following good seasons

I still don't buy that though. There are always teams that are interested in a proven pass rusher even if he has some flaws.

You're right, it is possible there has been things happening we don't know about. BUT....after what his agent and he have put out there, they have backed themselves into a bit of a corner.

True, I forgot for a moment how gawd awful Pep was in 07.

I can't see this ending well for the Panthers or Pep at this point.

our Defense is worse(unless Meeks makes a difference)

on offense we lost Key reserves(Thanks Pep), all it takes is an injury or two and things can fall apart there.

then factor in how much tougher the schedule next season could be and the fact our Division is getting alot better and we are not....its possible, especially given our track record following good seasons

On the other hand, we still have a lot of young players that should keep getting better, and the defense is not nearly as bad off as some people think. There is really no reason to believe that we will pick in the top ten next year, barring a trade up.

top 10...top 15...point is no playoffs is what I see unless Meeks works wonders on Defense.

Our defense was actually pretty good last year until Damione Lewis, Kemo, and Beason all got injured late in the season, so it's not that bad. We just need a little more depth and competition at DT and CB, that's all.

Archived