• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cb Trumaine Johnson Visited W/ Panthers

Ruff

this draft is absolutely stacked at corner

I thought the same thing. There is seriously 3-5 guys who are potential 10-year #1s, then there's like 6-8 more guys who are definitely solid #2s. It's ridiculous.

I really don't know where you all are getting this "He's a Safety/NB" crap. Mark my words he'll be an outstanding corner in 2-3 years. 2nd might be a slight reach (I'd say he has a late 2nd early 3rd grade) based on perceived value but considering his potential not so much. He is one of best athletes at CB in this draft. We don't have a 3rd so if they like him they better pick him in the 2nd. Maybe a trade down is possible and pick up an extra pick.

I really don't know where you all are getting this "He's a Safety/NB" crap. Mark my words he'll be an outstanding corner in 2-3 years. 2nd might be a slight reach (I'd say he has a late 2nd early 3rd grade) based on perceived value but considering his potential not so much. He is one of best athletes at CB in this draft. We don't have a 3rd so if they like him they better pick him in the 2nd. Maybe a trade down is possible and pick up an extra pick.

That's the problem. We need a starting caliber corner right now. A guy who can step into the #2 CB spot oposite Gamble.

Guest Bwood

If Claiborne, Coples, and Ingram are gone by #9.....and we can't trade out. OT Riley Reiff would be the safe pick or we might have to reach for CB Stephon Gilmore.

That is a ridiculous statement.

That's the problem. We need a starting caliber corner right now. A guy who can step into the #2 CB spot oposite Gamble.

He can. And considering his size he isn't nearly as much of a liability against those bigger WR that always torch us. He's a small school kid so it might take a couple of seasons to get to his potential. Which is usually true of almost all rookies. Its his ball skills are what make me so excited. The kid is going to be a playmaker.

Gilmore will be the 2nd cornerback taken after Claiborne.

Completely disagree. I think, even with all of the negative things that have happened to him, Dre Kirkpatrick is still the second CB off the board. The Cowboys have already expressed loads of interest in him.

Archived