• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Stewart Isn't Traded It Will Be Because..

unicar15

NFL contracts are relatively easy to wipe from the books. I have no insight into Deangelo's contract but what I do know is that compared the the NBA and MLB, NFL contracts are nowhere near as costly if you decide to cut a player. If Stewart isn't traded then my prediction is that we resign him and cut Deangelo. It'll be hard to do because DWill is a fan favorite and one of the greatest representatives of the organization we have ever had. But I just don't see us letting Stewart walk away if he has a huge year and I don't see us committing 90-100 million dollars to the running back position when the turnover rate is the highest of any player in any sport in the country. No matter what...this is the last year of Double Trouble but hopefully Stewart has another big year, instills confidence into the FO, and we keep him around. We can't keep both and we can't trade Deangelo. So that is what I would do if it didn't kill our cap next year (which I don't think it will because nobody...not even a dumbass like Hurney...is going to give a 28 year old running back a huge contract that will destroy the cap if cut).

I don't believe Stewart will be with us next year. Our offense simply doesn't use runningbacks like it used too.

Really? Because the second half of last season this team turned into a running team. Without good running backs, it would have never happened.

To put it simply, teams are going to overcompensate for cams running ability by stacking the box. We will respond by throwing. The emphasis in the front office right now is finding a scat back who can catch out of the backfield. We have d-wil as the every down back and Tolbert for short yardage, a scat who will run screens and short yardage routes..... I do not think stew will have a place in this offense next year

To put it simply, teams are going to overcompensate for cams running ability by stacking the box. We will respond by throwing. The emphasis in the front office right now is finding a scat back who can catch out of the backfield. We have d-wil as the every down back and Tolbert for short yardage, a scat who will run screens and short yardage routes..... I do not think stew will have a place in this offense next year

Cam throws for 4000 yards last season, and they're going to stack the box to stop his running?

I hopes teams really are that dumb. He's not Michael Vick.

I just don't understand how people can be so short sighted? What do you think is going to happen with Stewart??? He is going to have a good year next year, then magically were going to find the cap room to resign him? Is he going to play at the league minimum so to stay here??? Yes, we all love him as a player, but guys, seriously, why not get some value for him while we can and move on.

WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO AFFORD TO BRING HIM BACK IN 2013. Not after the contract we gave Williams.

Archived