• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The events of the past 48 hours with this movement have really built on the momemtum we gained after swarming twc arena. I love how cho as set our roster for a complete wake-up this next year, and our rebranding will increase this energy. Im very happy to see the espn article, and am completely jacked about the potential here!!!!

The events of the past 48 hours with this movement have really built on the momemtum we gained after swarming twc arena. I love how cho as set our roster for a complete wake-up this next year, and our rebranding will increase this energy. Im very happy to see the espn article, and am completely jacked about the potential here!!!!

I also hope that Cho can make the right moves and FINALLY get this franchise headed in the right direction. The roster right now is pathetic....but I assume that Cho has a good strategic plan....which is the thing that the Bobcats have never had.

MJ and Cho acknowledged themselves we were built for "the wrong direction," even with the "layoff appearance." Did I say layoff? Yes, that wasn't playoff basketball. We were embarrassed. It was nice to reach it, but as our FO have said, if you are constantly sneaking in as a 6-8th seed, what is the point? We get blown out, swept, embarrassed, and then do it all again the next year.

We weren't set up for long-term, sustained success. Now we're building towards that on the court.

This is where not only a rebrand could be useful, but this is also why I have used the word "reboot" in the past. PSC said to me a few pages back that this was a basketball team, not the Spiderman movies when I used "reboot." But, I very much mean that word as well. Why? Because not only would a rebranding ride the wave of momentum into our years of sustained success with the team aiming to follow the OKC plan on the court, it would boost it. "Reboot" is also an appropriate word, because just as PSC made the comparison to a movie franchise, when a team rebrands it doesn't change the past. It doesn't make you forget who they were, it just signifies that they are moving in a fresh, new, and exciting direction. Just as a movie series has huge blockbuster success, it comes to a point when they have maxed that series out and a fresh look will reinvigorate interest and present a new direction... But, everyone can still remember with fondness the series before it.

It will be interesting to see how MJ approaches the situation, and I really hope he give it strong consideration. I wanted him to be the owner when BJ said he was selling and I want him to be the owner to lead this franchise to success and in a new direction. I am certain of the potential that the rebrand presents in marketability and how it could translate to increased fan support and success on the court as well.

Whatever MJ does, I support it, but I would love to see him make us the Hornets again, bring Bobby Phills' jersey to TWC where it belongs, and give Muggsy and Dell a true home they can be revered and honored at - in Charlotte, where they belong. It just seems too right. Exciting times for our franchise.

Diddy I was browsing the Nola.com website that John mentioned yesterday, and there was a little side bar that was about Hugo the Hornet. Made me sick to my stomach.

Prob the first time that Saints/Panthers fans can agree on something regarding the rebrand.

King, be honest bro if/when the rebrand happens for the Bobcats to Hornets, are you going to support the team? if yes how much, if no no why not?

I'm confident a rebrand wont happen from people I know within the Bobs. But if it did, and they became a watered down Hornets, my interest would wane. The whole purpose of the rebrand is to faze out fans like myself who've been down since day 1 and say the last 10 years meant nothing and start anew with casual fans who werent. I don't support that, so thats pretty much the only way I'd stop supporting the Bobs. If they sold us out to gain new fans who might or might not support it.

Archived