• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Canes News...

KillerKat

Yeah, this would be HUGE. There is also talk of going after Ryan Suter (defenseman, Nashville Predators), but I don't see the need to spend big money on a position we have an abundance of. Bring in Parise and we are playoff bound, for sure.

Yeah, this would be HUGE. There is also talk of going after Ryan Suter (defenseman, Nashville Predators), but I don't see the need to spend big money on a position we have an abundance of. Bring in Parise and we are playoff bound, for sure.

Defense needs overhaul. Allen, Gleason, and Faulk are the only ones that need to stay. Cut all others.

Cut Harrison & Pitkanen? Not going to happen, this isn't the NFL and we can't afford the two cap hits and buyouts in addition to a large new contract from a guy like Suter (or Parise for that matter). If you want to open up defense spots you're best bet is a trade. We have Sanguinetti, Murphy and Dumoulin who will be trying to get in the line up. McBain (RFA) will be negotiating for a one-way deal and JR can't let him walk away - that would be plain stupid. Joslin is still going to be around (Muller said in the recent press conference that Joslin will NOT be a forward next season). Allen might seek greener pastures (his asking price may be too high to factor into adding a valuable FA) and Spacek is as good as gone, I think. That leaves maybe two open spots, depending on Allen and/or any upcoming trades.

Cut Harrison & Pitkanen? Not going to happen, this isn't the NFL and we can't afford the two cap hits and buyouts in addition to a large new contract from a guy like Suter (or Parise for that matter). If you want to open up defense spots you're best bet is a trade. We have Sanguinetti, Murphy and Dumoulin who will be trying to get in the line up. McBain (RFA) will be negotiating for a one-way deal and JR can't let him walk away - that would be plain stupid. Joslin is still going to be around (Muller said in the recent press conference that Joslin will NOT be a forward next season). Allen might seek greener pastures (his asking price may be too high to factor into adding a valuable FA) and Spacek is as good as gone, I think. That leaves maybe two open spots, depending on Allen and/or any upcoming trades.

We need to stop settling for mediocrity. Yes get rid of Pitkanen and Harrison. Kick McBain out too as well as Joslin. fug them. Get rid of them through trade or whatever. They suck. We can't keep around over half our defense and only change 1 or 2 guys and hope things will change. We've done that the past 2 years and yet they still are terrible.

Yea make it happen, Parise would be huge and a great addition to the top line. I agree with the defense though, it's been horrid for two seasons and bad for a while. The last playoff run, Wardo was standing on his head. You can't ask him to do that for a full season and stop 40+ shots a game. The defense needs a major overhaul and a majority of the players need to go or have a serious increase in skill.

We need to stop settling for mediocrity. Yes get rid of Pitkanen and Harrison. Kick McBain out too as well as Joslin. fug them. Get rid of them through trade or whatever. They suck. We can't keep around over half our defense and only change 1 or 2 guys and hope things will change. We've done that the past 2 years and yet they still are terrible.

The "fire sale" was this past season, and give or take a few shootout wins and a full year with Muller at the helm, this team would have been playoff bound.

It's a very young team that needs time to grow, and they were far from "mediocre" in the second half of last season.

Im not sure if you're referring to the team or just the defense like the topic is when you say "they". The defense still was very fluky even with Muller. I'd rather fix the defense than relying on hope and potential like the past couple seasons. I don't wanna say "we should've done something" halfway through the season.

We have an abundance on D, but an abundance of mediocrity. Faulk might become a big star, but that's about it. Definitely keep Harrison; he was solid this year as was Gleason and Allen as well - as stated above. Pitkanen leaving wouldn't be that devastating, but I do agree: keep him too.

Archived