• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Rebrand Update Thread (Real Charlotte Fans-Censorship Free Edition)

Proudiddy

if you take it personally then that's on you. i can disagree with someone on an issue without taking it personally. when i throw out blanket insults, generally the only people insulted by it are the ones it applies to

Actually it makes you sound ignorant when you throw out insults, like you couldn't come up with a better argument.

if it does, i will. if it doesn't, will you?

oh that's right, you're not a fan anyway so whatever you bring to the discussion is pretty much irrelevant

I've been dealing with it for 8 years. bobcats don't mean sh1t to me, and sadly, they don't mean anything to most people in our city either.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/04/17/3180902/bobcats-name-change-would-be-no.html

if you take it personally then that's on you. i can disagree with someone on an issue without taking it personally. when i throw out blanket insults, generally the only people insulted by it are the ones it applies to

You mean blanket insults like the "real fan" or "fake fan" variety? Yes. I do take that as an insult, considering the money, time, and effort I've invested in this team as a fan. So yeah, I'm going to take offense to that. You and KT act like you wrote the book on what the requirements are for being a fan. Yet, KT has voided his own fanhood of local teams according to the criteria you guys set when it comes to Bobscats.

And your "blanket insults" pretty much apply to everyone in this thread except you and KT. It's garbage.

You keep mocking people's ages and correlating it with being enamored with the memories of the Hornets, yet, you're being one of the most immature people in this entire discussion.

You mean blanket insults like the "real fan" or "fake fan" variety? Yes. I do take that as an insult, considering the money, time, and effort I've invested in this team as a fan. So yeah, I'm going to take offense to that. You and KT act like you wrote the book on what the requirements are for being a fan. Yet, KT has voided his own fanhood of local teams according to the criteria you guys set when it comes to Bobscats.

And your "blanket insults" pretty much apply to everyone in this thread except you and KT. It's garbage.

You keep mocking people ages and for being enamored with the memories of the Hornets, yet, you're being one of the most immature people in this entire discussion.

you poor thing. did my mean old words make you die a little inside?

you poor thing. did my mean old words make you die a little inside?

No, they don't mean sh*t to me aside from feeling like I'm not discussing this issue with a rational, thoughtful, and logical human being.

On second thought, you're onto something. No point in reasoning with you.

I wasn't aware that our government funded the first expedition to Bob Johnson's ballsack and you and KT were selected as the testanauts. I understand now how hard it would be to objectively discuss a name change from your current location.

These dudes and the Huddle dont have the balls to demand a rebrand for the Panthers. Nobody suggested it last year when we were the worst team in the NFL. JRs status as a local businessman trumps Hornets rebellion history. Theyre not gonna tear him or his business down for that. That'd defeat the purpose. They know exactly who they want to gentrify. People like me dont rep NC. We have no history, we've never contributed to this community, we should be erased. Welcome to Charlotte!

Not everybody's support for a name change is racially motivated. I actually don't have a problem with the Bobcats name. I also have no problem with Bob Johnson.

My new found support for the movement is about the long term stability of the franchise and the undeniable groundswell of support for bringing the Hornets name back. It has nothing to do with race or Bob Johnson.

You of all people should know that I am not racially driven in my ideology and am sensitive to racial stereotypes and bias. This is about re-energizing a fan base and signalling a new era in Charlotte NBA basketball. Nothing more.

So please quit acting like the sole reason for anyone desiring a name change is motivated by racial undertones. It simply isn't true.

If you question where I stand on racial issues go back and read my posts about Cam Newton's scouting process and how much I had your back on that issue.

We're really close to getting our Hornets back, gang; that's the bottom line. Pretty much everywhere you look other than here, it's pure, unbridled excitement and optimism.

This thread has gotten really, really ugly.

We all know who's to blame, but let's try our best to avoid taking their bait anymore (this coming from someone who's caved in far too many times himself).

Any objective observer would agree that this is a topic worthy of reasoned discussion. 2 people are playing at our emotions/impulses, all in an effort to derail such a dialogue. Let's stop falling for it, and start trying to be grown ups again.

For the 99.9% of us who aren't here to spread hate and ignorance, let's reel this thing back in...NO MORE TROLL FODDER!!! :D

Bobby Phills never played for the Bobcats, his jersey hangs over the Hornets arena in NO where it belongs. Next its gonna be the Hornets brought MJ back to NC. The Hornets opened TWC Arena. The Hornets drafted Kemba. The Hornets have been giving back to our community the last 10 years. Blah, blah, blah. Anything to prop New Orleans up.

You Hornets groupies are disrespectful as hell so stop thinking people owe you respect. You dont value anything the Bobs do, so screw your history and nostalgia. You guys are the glamorized quitters of our sport scene.

Not everybody's support for a name change is racially motivated. I actually don't have a problem with the Bobcats name. I also have no problem with Bob Johnson.

My new found support for the movement is about the long term stability of the franchise and the undeniable groundswell of support for bringing the Hornets name back. It has nothing to do with race or Bob Johnson.

You of all people should know that I am not racially driven in my ideology and am sensitive to racial stereotypes and bias. This is about re-energizing a fan base and signalling a new era in Charlotte NBA basketball. Nothing more.

So please quit acting like the sole reason for anyone desiring a name change is motivated by racial undertones. It simply isn't true.

If you question where I stand on racial issues go back and read my posts about Cam Newton's scouting process and how much I had your back on that issue.

There's no point teeray... Let KT live in his bubble all by himself.

All the arguments I got in last year over wanting Cam as our QB (in which race WAS a factor in some of those), all the issues I agreed with KT on and argued in favor of KT, and so many other things of similar substance (Michael Vick's comeback comes to mind) I've strongly stood up against covert and overt racism on, and this is what you get.

Either KT knows this isn't about race or he's delusional. Either way, you aren't going to reason with him and he doesn't even owe you the benefit of the doubt, nor kindness and respect. He is an internet badass.

And don't forget, you apparently can't forge any kind of friendship with anyone over an internet message board, so don't count on that either. As soon as you see things differently from KT, you get tossed into the racist pile. You like fudge poptarts? I like wild cherry. You're racist.

Archived