• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Rebrand Update Thread (Real Charlotte Fans-Censorship Free Edition)

Proudiddy

I haven't been to this thread in a few days and...Wow.

Why not just let people who are interested in this--or for that matter people who understand proper discourse--use this thread to talk about something they are interested in?

You all (PSC and KT) keep bringing up that a bunch of "20 something entitled brats" are the only people who care about the Hornets name, yet to a casual onlooker, who does not know who you all personally, you two just come off as a couple of adolescents who like watching things that they don't agree with burn.

You two represent a huge part of what's wrong with the world today--Ignorance.

If you don't agree with something, then have enough self pride to articulate why you disagree. You two result to baseless insults and, in the end, just make yourselves (and the group you are supposedly representing) look immature and people devoid of any eloquence.

If you don't have something nice to say, or anything to add to the conversation, please do yourselves and us a favor and keep away.

Chris Bell

I haven't been to this thread in a few days and...Wow.

Why not just let people who are interested in this--or for that matter people who understand proper discourse--use this thread to talk about something they are interested in?

You all (PSC and KT) keep bringing up that a bunch of "20 something entitled brats" are the only people who care about the Hornets name, yet to a casual onlooker, who does not know who you all personally, you two just come off as a couple of adolescents who like watching things that they don't agree with burn.

You two represent a huge part of what's wrong with the world today--Ignorance.

If you don't agree with something, then have enough self pride to articulate why you disagree. You two result to baseless insults and, in the end, just make yourselves (and the group you are supposedly representing) look immature and people devoid of any eloquence.

If you don't have something nice to say, or anything to add to the conversation, please do yourselves and us a favor and keep away.

Chris Bell

Translation: "we should be able to trash Bobcats fans and the Bobcats with no recourse"

"If you dont think a sorry Hornets franchise is God's gift to earth you're a hater!"

New Orleans fans have started their re-branding process. I read that Tom Benson already owns the naming rights to the "New Orleans Pelicans," and that is one name that has been brought of fans of the New Orleans Hornets.

John posted a fan page on Facebook that a New Orleans Hornets fan has already made and it says "New Orleans Pelicans" - basketball.

I thought the name Bobcats was somewhat dumb, if New Orleans goes with the Pelicans then that would just be hysterical.

I don't know why you all get so riled up at KT. Ive been there, done that and realize that hes the same way with every argument.

We all know the immaturity, especially with him and PSC in the same discussion. We all know the racist undertones because somewhere along the line he was taught that whitey's main purpose in life is to not support african americans. We all know how he argues about everything and when his argument is broken down in a logical fashion he results to pulling the race card and how the city of charlotte and it's fans suck soooo much.

Point: WHY EVEN BOTHER, we all know that we won't convince him and that's ok, he is entitled to his beliefs so lets let that be.

I don't know why you all get so riled up at KT. Ive been there, done that and realize that hes the same way with every argument. We all know the immaturity, especially with him and PSC in the same discussion. We all know the racist undertones because somewhere along the line he was taught that whitey's main purpose in life is to not support african americans. We all know how he argues about everything and when his argument is broken down in a logical fashion he results to pulling the race card and how the city of charlotte sucks soooo much.

Point: WHY EVEN BOTHER, we all know that we won't convince him and that's ok, he is entitled to his beliefs so lets let that be.

Its been several years, you havent made a single bball related post. Do you know what a double dribble is? A 3 point shot? I rarely see you talk bball here. Fact is, without me, you wouldnt have a reason to post here. You're welcome.

I'm tired of beating a dead horse. I'll continue to show my support for my home team, the Bobcats, as well as a rebrand to the Hornets, and we'll see what MJ decides. All we can do is voice our opinions through some form of medium and then let the chips fall where they may.

Arguing and dealing with the same recycled insults, fallacies, and outright ridiculousness is getting old. My intention was not to offend fellow fans, my intention was to voice my opinion and offer my support to a movement that I believe will help our franchise and the long-term viability of it. I've done that.

But, along the way I got caught up in the mindlessness trolling that came along with it.

No more. Like I said, we'll see what happens and hopefully we'll all support it one way or the other, but everyone knows where I stand.

I'm tired of beating a dead horse. I'll continue to show my support for my home team, the Bobcats, as well as a rebrand to the Hornets, and we'll see what MJ decides. All we can do is voice our opinions through some form of medium and then let the chips fall where they may.

Arguing and dealing with the same recycled insults, fallacies, and outright ridiculousness is getting old. My intention was not to offend fellow fans, my intention was to voice my opinion and offer my support to a movement that I believe will help our franchise and the long-term viability of it. I've done that.

But, along the way I got caught up in the mindlessness trolling that came along with it.

No more. Like I said, we'll see what happens and hopefully we'll all support it one way or the other, but everyone knows where I stand.

exactly, its pretty obvious that atleast 80% of people who own computers and have internet are for the rebrand. why worry about a troll mod on a shitty basketball forum.

Archived