• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Rebrand Update Thread (Real Charlotte Fans-Censorship Free Edition)

Proudiddy

This is what I don't understand about this whole movement. It will be the same team, same owner, same arena. Only the nickname will change.

With that logic, why would any team - in any city - change their name? Your basically say, "what's in a name? Nothing!", right?

Well, check out this link -- it might mean nothing to you -- but I liked it:

http://nbahoopsonline.com/Articles/2007-08/teamnames.html

It talks about each team name and what it means to the city they play in. In most cases, the team name means nothing at all. In mos cases, the website has to come up with crazy theories to connect a team name to the city they play in. Read the one about the Hornets and how it talks about the city of Charlotte. I think it's special that the Hornets are one of the few team names connected to the place they play. That doesn't strike you as being just a little special? That we put an ounce of thought into the name, when most others put nothing?

With that logic, why would any team - in any city - change their name? Your basically say, "what's in a name? Nothing!", right?

Well, check out this link -- it might mean nothing to you -- but I liked it:

http://nbahoopsonlin.../teamnames.html

It talks about each team name and what it means to the city they play in. In most cases, the team name means nothing at all. In mos cases, the website has to come up with crazy theories to connect a team name to the city they play in. Read the one about the Hornets and how it talks about the city of Charlotte. I think it's special that the Hornets are one of the few team names connected to the place they play. That doesn't strike you as being just a little special? That we put an ounce of thought into the name, when most others put nothing?

Sure, I think the hornet's name is cool. I also associate the name with a team that abandoned the city.

Like I said earlier, I am all for having us renamed the hornets if it means we don't have to keep hearing people talk about it. All I care about is that Charlotte has an NBA team that I can go pull for and watch on tv.

Right now, the bobcats are a disgraceful, pathetic, poorly run "professional" franchise from top to bottom.

What's worse is the fans don't give a sh1t what the bobcats are doing. Bobcats always have a significant amount of cash to make roster moves and sign free agents, but nobody in the city cares! They don't support the team.

Now, if we can get a team we support, like the Hornets name, the fan base will be much more inclined to voice their opinions and let management know they don't appreciate what's going on.

Don't kid yourself, fatboy.

I'm a CHARLOTTE HORNETS fan and not a New Orleans Hornets fan.

The name belongs to the people of the Charlotte area and frankly it is disgusting to go to NOLA.com and see a picture of Hugo the Hornet.

Hmmph.

I guess it's a good thing the people of Baltimore don't share your attitude.

The Colts got on a bus and left town for Indianapolis and took the Colt name with them.

When the opportunity arose the people of Baltimore embraced the Ravens and that franchise is alive and kicking.

It's just a damned name, the Dodgers or Lakers have nothing to do with Los Angeles but nobody cares. You can continue to get your panties in a knot or you can move on, with or without the Bobcats.

Maybe the Red Sea will part and the Bobcats will be re-named the Hornets, but not supporting your home team because it hasn't yet is weak to say the least.

Hmmph.

The Colts got on a bus and left town for Indianapolis and took the Colt name with them.

When the opportunity arose the people of Baltimore embraced the Ravens and that franchise is alive and kicking.

It's just a damned name, the Dodgers or Lakers have nothing to do with Los Angeles but nobody cares. You can continue to get your panties in a knot or you can move on, with or without the Bobcats.

Maybe the Red Sea will part and the Bobcats will be re-named the Hornets, but not supporting your home team because it hasn't yet is weak to say the least.

Colts have no chance in hell of being rebranded as both the ownership of the Colts and Ravens is very solid.

call it what you want, but I don't support the bobcats. Them being a laughing stock that is an insult to the word "pathetic" makes it much easier, as well.

Like I said earlier, just b/c the bobcats are in my home town does not make them "my team"

Colts have no chance in hell of being rebranded as both the ownership of the Colts and Ravens is very solid.

Point is changing the name will do absolutely nothing to change the product on the court or the field.

I would akin it to AKPantherfan wanting to get a Panther logo on the 50 yard line.

Hmmph.

But consider that really what it stems from anyways just as much as the Hornets ditching town was the fan vote for the Flight being shoved aside for the Bobcats is what really made everyone hate it. The local fanbase was dismissed and the rest of NBA watchers were like...the Bobcats?? Really??

*my memory is iffy about that vote so correct me if I'm wrong

No one really wanted it in the first place. I mean it was between the freaking Dragons (haha), Bobcats, & Flight

It's.........just a name.

Wizards, Nets, Clippers, Mavericks, Lakers. There are some retarded names in the NBA, Bobcats aint so bad.

If it's JUST a name, what's wrong with changing it? :)

We'd rather have the Hornets name than the Bobcats name. What's wrong with speaking our mind?

This is a team that has never been competitive and never listened to the fanbase. The heart and soul of the "Charlotte Bobcats" got shipped to Portland and is now stuck in New Jersey.

Right now, the bobcats are a disgraceful, pathetic, poorly run "professional" franchise from top to bottom.

What's worse is the fans don't give a sh1t what the bobcats are doing. Bobcats always have a significant amount of cash to make roster moves and sign free agents, but nobody in the city cares! They don't support the team.

Now, if we can get a team we support, like the Hornets name, the fan base will be much more inclined to voice their opinions and let management know they don't appreciate what's going on.

I just can't buy this. Yes I would prefer to be the Hornets. But you do realize that even if we became the Charlotte Hornets we would still be the same exact team, and still poorly ran organization from top to bottom. Why would you just suddenly start to support them because of a name change? It's same exact crappy team. Either support them through the incredibly hard time or don't support them at all. Don't jump on the bandwagon because of a name change and then be mad because they still suck so bad.

Archived