• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Williams gets an earful from Fox for TD; Will not give up Smash and Dash just yet

Sword

That's exactly the kind of weak, conservative strategy that I'd expect from Fox. His logic is skewed. It was a one score game, and one mishap could've put the Bucs back in it. Making it a two score game was the right thing to do.

just a note... i bet if you asked all the coaches in the NFL what they would do in that situation, every single one of them, except for MAYBE Gruden, which I even doubt, would say that they would want their player to take a knee at the one so the Bucs don't have a chance to win... it's not just Fox, so don't jump on the guy saying how bad he is... you're 10-3... he's obviously not that bad...

I really doubt it was a "scolding".

Williams even admitted falling down would have been better in the big picture.

No one turns down points tho ;)

Williams realized that he should have gone down AFTER he scored the touchdown. You make it seem like chose to score over falling down when really the thought hadn't crossed his mind

sorry, but i highly doubt the thought hadn't crossed his mind... they go over game scenarios like that every single week in practice I'm sure, but I'm sure he just got caught up in the moment and didn't want Stewart to finish the night with more touchdowns than him lol. It's really not a big deal... it's just something that happens with the team and the writer knew it would make a good story so he made it into more than it was...

Williams realized that he should have gone down AFTER he scored the touchdown. You make it seem like chose to score over falling down when really the thought hadn't crossed his mind

Seriously can you not read ?

*sigh*

He said in the article taking a knee would be a better option.

I made ZERO reference to when he realized that, just that he said it.

So NO I didn't make it seem like that.:Yawn:

just a note... i bet if you asked all the coaches in the NFL what they would do in that situation, every single one of them, except for MAYBE Gruden, which I even doubt, would say that they would want their player to take a knee at the one so the Bucs don't have a chance to win... it's not just Fox, so don't jump on the guy saying how bad he is... you're 10-3... he's obviously not that bad...

Did I say he was a bad coach? No, I didn't, so don't put words in my mouth.

He takes a knee at the 1, we get a new set of downs, eat up as much of the clock as possible, kick the FG to put ups up by 2 scores anyway and then give them the ball back with a minute and change and no TOs. But I'm not complaining. At all.

He could have taken a knee at the one. However, with the way we were pounding on TB, he would have scored a TD on the very next play (run up the gut).

I bet Fox would have really given him an earful if DWill would have sat on it and on the next play we get a bad snap or fumble, Tampa picks it up, runs it for a touchdown, gets the 2 point conversion, does an on-sides kick, gets the ball back and kicks a field goal to win the game.

but thats just my opinion

Just as likely. Or Dwill sat down someone cheap shots him cause the games over and he is out for the season and we lose all SB and playoff hopes. Its the Bucs fault for not catching him not Dwills for scoring.

This thread shows why there is a huge disconnect between the fans and coaches. And why most fans just don't think things through.

Putting your foot on someone's throat means pinning them down and not giving them a chance to get up. Scoring the TD and giving the ball back LETS THEM UP AND GIVES THEM A CHANCE - RUNNING THE CLOCK OUT GIVES THEM ZERO CHANCE.

Yeah scoring TDs is great, but there's a little thing called strategy that coaches like to use sometimes. It's such a trivial thing anyway, either way we would've won. But no one can argue that going down would have been the best thing to do strategically.

Archived