• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What On Earth Is Hurney Thinking?

NanceUSMC

Nance, glad you are back.

Need is one thing. Strength in critical positions is another thing all together.

Every year, I wait for the Panthers to get what the NY Giants understand about defense. The DLINE is were it starts and ends on defense and every year they fail to get it.

While the Panthers fail to get it, the Giants get rings.

Is Guard worthy of a 2nd round pick...God help the PSL holders.

The Panthers, despite what the homers say, at best have a 2nd =3rd tier Dline and 3rd tier cornerbacks.

The pressure that Newton is going to feel to put up points is going to be ridiculous.

Here's to the hope and prayer that Hogan becomes the cornerback they think he will be. That Johnson shows up. That the rest of the no name Dline suddenly plays like they know how to get to the QB and that all the injured return and play above their skill level.

I'm not buying it. Fletcher Cox would have made that defense a helluva a lot better than a ILB who is not known for his coverage skills.

...oh wait, the special teams will be better....and Mare is still here...OK....Championship.

Nance, glad you are back.

Need is one thing. Strength in critical positions is another thing all together.

Every year, I wait for the Panthers to get what the NY Giants understand about defense. The DLINE is were it starts and ends on defense and every year they fail to get it.

While the Panthers fail to get it, the Giants get rings.

Is Guard worthy of a 2nd round pick...God help the PSL holders.

The Panthers, despite what the homers say, at best have a 2nd =3rd tier Dline and 3rd tier cornerbacks.

The pressure that Newton is going to feel to put up points is going to be ridiculous.

Here's to the hope and prayer that Hogan becomes the cornerback they think he will be. That Johnson shows up. That the rest of the no name Dline suddenly plays like they know how to get to the QB and that all the injured return and play above their skill level.

I'm not buying it. Fletcher Cox would have made that defense a helluva a lot better than a ILB who is not known for his coverage skills.

...oh wait, the special teams will be better....and Mare is still here...OK....Championship.

I could live with the BPA argument if it meant we eventually addressed critical weaknesses, but we ignored DT for way too many years for there to be any logical possibility of more than just Fua and McClain falling to us in the draft. Surely since Jenkins there must have been a way to get another competent DT, but our scouting there seems to be terribly lacking.

I could live with the BPA argument if it meant we eventually addressed critical weaknesses, but we ignored DT for way too many years for there to be any logical possibility of more than just Fua and McClain falling to us in the draft. Surely since Jenkins there must have been a way to get another competent DT, but our scouting there seems to be terribly lacking.

The DT's there in the second round were NOT upgrades to the young guys we already have.

The DT's there in the second round were NOT upgrades to the young guys we already have.

Good luck getting that logic to fly around here.

I guess two DTs that were taken in the third round do not count as addressing the positon. Oh, okay then. Throw in Kearse, Neblett, and Shirely and there is a world of possibilities. They all should improve over the off-seaon, and if one or more make a leap we are good to go.

There was no need to throw an early round, hell, any pick at DT. But you cannot get that past a select few who believe they know better. This draft upgraded our talent level. Yet, because we did not take a DT high in the draft, some are saying we messed it up big time. You people...

Being infatuated with the Giants D-line is fine, as far as it goes. (Although you are probably jealous of a lot of teams that have a unit that is better than ours.) Just do not expect our D-line to match up with those expectations quite yet. Until a player comes around that can be that guy, we are going to battle with who we have. Most are excited to see how it plays out. Some are in a tiffy because we did not throw a high draft pick at it.

One last thing. In Rivera's D, the LBs have more responsibility than the D-line.

Zod, I love this place. And GOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post! I do have one criticism though - you're assuming that the huddle will listen to logic :D

The "ZOMG WE DIDN'T DRAFT POSITION X" comments are made just about every year. People just don't learn.

Archived