• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2- Carolina (6) vs. Boston (1)

17+89=6

I wasn't making excuses for the team, they got their collective asses kicked last night. The league isn't going to suspend Walker though, Ward told him to bring it and he did. If they suspend him, they need to do something about the illegal hits and the constant illegal boarding the Bruins did in that game. I doubt the punch happens if those things aren't happening.

What team did you play for? Just wondering, I played with some of the schools when I was in Detroit a few years back. God I loved it up there, where the Parks have cement roller hockey rinks right beside the Basketball courts. If you have enough people you can also usually find an ice rink as well and go skate. Easy to get a game going.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't mean for it to seem as if I were singling you out when I said "Penalty calls or not we got our asses kicked etc, etc" I was generalizing.

As far as Walker goes: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2009/news?id=4158572

I espeicially like this: Rutherford said the incident was "clearly brought on by them," saying he felt the Hurricanes had taken shots from Boston players throughout the series, which Carolina leads 3-2. He isn't worried about the possibility of the Bruins retaliating against Walker during Game 6 Tuesday night.

"If that's the way the game's going to be played, that's the way we'll play the game," he said.

Anyone who has watched this series knows that to be the damn truth. Boston has gotten dirtier and dirtier as this series has progressed, and if they wanna rough it up I'm sure guys like Walker, Gleason and Ruutu will be much obliged to play that kind of game. I think we are gonna come out flying on Tuesday and shove that game right down Bostons throats, we were embarrassed and we usually come out swinging the game after getting mopped around the ice.

To answer your question: I played for Crowsnest Pass and Fort McMurray (both were Junior-A). I also played a little for the Lethbridge Hurricanes, unfortunately my knees weren't as dedicated to hockey as I was.

Funny story: The people in Lethbridge love our Canes because Carolina has to pay them a certain fee in order to use the "Hurricane" name, in turn that money goes back into the Lethbridge Canes and the city of Lethbridge. You'll see as many Canes stickers and jerseys up there as you would Calgary merchandise (Lethbridge is round about 90 miles south of Calgary).

You are so dead on about hockey being everywhere up north, here (in Charlotte) we have a city of 700,000 people and 4 rinks. Lethbridge is a city of 60,000 and when I lived there they had 9 rinks with another being built.

I figured he wouldn't get suspended for the punch. They couldn't have done it without suspending a few Bruins to come along for the Ride and the NHL would prefer for all the big names to be playing. No need to suspend 3 or 4 guys because of this.

Dirty play begets a dirty act, with one you will always have the other in the game of hockey. Play dirty and you will be knocked out.

Aaron Ward is a really smart player, he did what he was supposed to do by baiting Scotty in to taking a penelty. I just dont think that Aaron thought his face was going to get smashed in the process. I was just watching a video on Boston.com and all those players are glad Scott Walker is playing. Im just worried about Thorton or Lucic going after Staal, they are going to go after him and get some payback. That being said, Im ready for the big game. Im in 109 tonight and Im ready to rock.

third man in, suprised he wasn't suspended.

Cullen can't fight medically, so he was being protected. So the league didn't look at it as he was the third in, because cullen couldn't have done anything fighting wise. After all the non calls and Illegal hits by the Bruins that night, Walker wasn't getting suspended at all. If your going to try and hurt people by cross checking to the head and stuff like that expect someone on your team to get leveled no matter what.

I think this is a must win for the canes. Leave no doubt that we rulled boston ths series. Do not want to go back to boston and give them a chance to win the series. We need to play better and hope the refs call a better game.

lol you can forget about that one already

I'm really hoping for a win tonight because my beard is starting to make me look like a hobo and i need to trim it up

A win means at least another week of growing your beard!Here's to having a thick bushy beard until sometime in June after the Canes win the Stanley Cup :D!!It is going to be hard to endur another month od growing a beard during the Summer,but what the hey!

Archived