• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

Kurb

I just think the formula fits exactly what grrm likes to do. Brienne's chapter ends with her hanging, she shows up in the next book. Arya's chapter ends with her getting axed in the head, she shows up in the next book. Davos has his head and hands hung from the wall at White Harbor, he shows up in the next book.

He said Jon will find out who they are.

Maybe there is a quote I haven't seen but this is the only thing that I know of that he has said about it.

5- Will we know in time, with certainty, the identity of Jon Snow's parents (I don't believe Edric Dayne's tale)? Personally, I really hope he's Lyanna and Rhaegar's son, despite looking so much like Eddard.

Jon's parentage will be revealed eventually, yes.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Many_Questions2

I don't think he has ever said that Jon will know who his parents are, only that they will be revealed.

Having said that, what happened to him whether he be alive or dead I think will be the event that eventually gets the white walkers through the wall and into Westeros.

I just think the formula fits exactly what grrm likes to do. Brienne's chapter ends with her hanging, she shows up in the next book. Arya's chapter ends with her getting axed in the head, she shows up in the next book. Davos has his head and hands hung from the wall at White Harbor, he shows up in the next book.

We also had a blind Arya, a dead Cat, a missing/presumed dead Benjen (if he is CH), and IIRC it seemed Tyrion was gone in the Blackwater AND when he fell into that disease causing water in ADWD.

I think that is why the Hound is still alive too (and is the gravedigger like you said), and Jon is probably still alive.

In the show this week, did anyone else take Tyrion's and Tywin's exchange about Tyrion being a Lannister come across anyone else as blatantly toying with the theory that Tyrion wasn't really a Lannister?

Also, have we ever had any evidence that Jaime and Cersei themselves aren't a product of a Targaryen affair? Could it be that all 3 are Targaryens?

This would totally open so many doors in the plot linkage it would be unreal.

I believe PSC has thought for a long time that Tyrion was half Targaryen... But what if Jaime and Cersei were too? It would explain the madness of Joffrey for starters (aside from the whole incest thing, of course).

When Genna Lannister (Jaime and Cersei's aunt) said this:

Jaime, sweetling, I have known you since you were a babe at Joanna's breast. You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg and there's some of Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak...but Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you. I said so once to your father's face, and he would not speak to me for half a year.

Could she have been speaking literally?

Why? The mystery of his mother can be addressed without John Snow being alive. I think he is dead. If he comes back it will be as a white walker.

Some other thoughts. Maester Aemon is right about who Azor Ahai is and the smoke and salt that is referenced in AA's rebirth is not a metaphor but a location

Who did he say it was?

Edit* nm

Yeah as PSC stated I don't think there's one character whose died in there own pov and hasn't come back in one form or another. Plus only 4 stabs you can live from. Also Mel's vision of seeing his face then ghosts then Jon's again which leads me to believe he will warg to ghost then back to his body when all is said and done. Which will probably awaken his ability further. Brans awoke when he fell and became a cripple, arya when she was blind so it stands to reason Jon's power will get better and be able to warg that dragon

Archived