• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

lil wayne vs thunder

nickzz

Wayne's older stuff is great. There is a reason all the greats respect him, & Jay-Z passed the torch to him. If you haven't heard mixtape Weezy you're missing out on epicness. Wayne's best work I'd check out in no order -

Carter III Sessions

Carter II

Da Drought 3

Dedication 2

Dedication

No Ceilings

Carter III

^^ This.

Lil' Wayne hasn't been nearly as good since he has went full mainstream but in his prime? He was terrific. Really being underrated in this thread. The fact is, if you want to be successful, you have to adjust your music to fit in what the mainstream wants to hear. Just look at Immortal Technique. They are amazing lyricists yet will never hit mainstream because they aren't going to adjust their style. Or look at Tyler The Creator. Terrific artist IMO (a lot of people will disagree on that because of what he says in his lyrics). But while he is fairly well known, he isn't going to hear his style of music on the radio anytime soon.

Just a mini rant. Lil Wayne is a very talented artist who is also extremely intelligent (seriously - dude was a genius in school) and knew he had to adjust to be as successful as he has been.

I've never been a big Wayne fan. Even back in his hot boy days, I always liked the other members better. I really stopped listening to him after the Carter 2.

Anyways, he said he was going for the Heat and that he hopes they beat the dog sh*t out of the thunder. Dudes really mad the thunder org didn't treat his ass like royalty. B*tchass

Archived