• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trob

cavic7585

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WmzwMeQy5o0

35.5 vert (same as Blake griffin)

244 lbs with 5% body fat.

7'5" wingspan

-There are not too many ideal comparisons for Thomas Robinson (6'7.75 without shoes, 7'3.25 wingspan, 244 pounds) we can find physically, as his +7.5 wingspan differential makes him as long as a player like Jason Maxiell, but only half an inch shorter than a David West. In many ways, Robinson finds a middle ground among elite power forward prospects, especially when you take his 244 pound frame and 5 percent body fat into consideration.

Compared to the average power forward in our database, Robinson is slightly taller, heavier, and has a wingspan nearly 3 inches longer than the norm. Given the season he had and his presence on the boards, it seems safe to say that questions about Robinson's size are unfounded.

From DraftExpress.com

Missouri_Kansas_Baske_Miss_t_w600_h1200.jpg

(Draft me assholes)

A better comparison for Thomas Robinson is this guy (Antonio Davis). AD_slam.jpg

Whether you draft Robinson is all about your philosophy. Either you believe media and you want to take what seems like the safest player, because he was more efficient, or you believe lack of inside scoring was the Bobcats' biggest problem, and you believe that he'll be able to do it on a consistent basis in the NBA. One of those.

They had a lot of problems, but I happen to believe teams having no need to respect the Bobcats' collection of wing players is the biggest problem.

I know his measurements silenced critics who were concerned about his height, but the reason they were is because his game is still primarily below the basket, so he tends to play smaller than his size would suggest. He's got power, so his dunks look good when he dunks them, but he still plays mostly on the ground like Sullinger (not a criticism, just saying why people THOUGHT he was smaller than he is).

He may in fact be the safest player at #2, simply because he's a big man, and you always get SOME CREDIT just for taking an athletic one, but he's also one of the boringest (so I don't think they'll see a rush to the box office to buy tickets if they draft him).

Still, whenever I see "Trob", I see Antonio Davis. A solid, strong player with a long career, but he'll never be a star, so the reason people want to take him is because they don't think ANYONE other than Anthony Davis in this draft has superstar potential...because Thomas Robinson sure doesn't. In that case, they believe most of what they hear on TV and the radio.

I wouldn't hate the pick, but I'd yawn afterwards.

Guest Bwood

T-rob should be the pick for you guys if you want any sort of chance of not being the worse team again next season.

Larry Johnson was 6'7

Larry Johnson was a different kind of player. He was basically a Combo Forward. He was listed as a PF, but his game was more like a SF. He was just "wide-bodied", so he was strong enough to bully SFs, but quick enough to present matchup problems for PFs who couldn't play him away from the basket. Thomas Robinson is a PF and just a PF.

T-rob should be the pick for you guys if you want any sort of chance of not being the worse team again next season.

They'll still be one of the worst teams wth him, because their wing players are that bad. You can win with a bad inside game and excellent wings, but not the opposite. So you think he's going to be a "game changer", in the NBA? His ceiling is Paul Millsap, not Karl Malone.

i wouldnt like the pick, but wouldnt hate it either, he is about 5th on my list, dont think it will matter, (cant remember where i read it but reporters asked trobb on where he wants to play he said washington, they asked about us he said he wouldnt mind but that noone from the team has contacted him or his camp for even a interview and no workout.)

oh i also think he will be only a decent player nothing special, after watching him i just dont see a diff in taking him over a jared sullinger, if we wanted the PF position id rather just trade down get something else and take sullinger

His ceiling is Paul Millsap, not Karl Malone.

Just curious, why do people think Robinson wont improve in the NBA? Is it because he's not a freshman? It just seems to me he is an athletic PF with good size whose skills have improved dramatically in the last couple of years. He's known as a hard worker, I dont see why he couldnt improve in the NBA. Just because he doesnt have the upside of Anthony Davis doesnt mean he cant be an all star for many years.

Oh yeah, and the Antonio Davis comparisons would make more sense if Antonio Davis was 30 pounds heavier and didnt suck at rebounding

Just curious, why do people think Robinson wont improve in the NBA? Is it because he's not a freshman? It just seems to me he is an athletic PF with good size whose skills have improved dramatically in the last couple of years. He's known as a hard worker, I dont see why he couldnt improve in the NBA. Just because he doesnt have the upside of Anthony Davis doesnt mean he cant be an all star for many years.

Oh yeah, and the Antonio Davis comparisons would make more sense if Antonio Davis was 30 pounds heavier and didnt suck at rebounding

Great point at this point T. Rob is the best option at #2.....I keep seeing MKG who everyone is saying IF he develops handles and IF he develops a jump shot then he can be a star....In 2005 there was a super athletic SF who came out after his freshman year and IF he developed coulda been a superstar that also went #2 in the draft... his name..... Marvin William who 7 years later has NEVER been an All-Star or even mentioned as a star!

Archived