• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats will select Robinson, Barnes, or Beal according to SLAM

cdandi1

Barnes avged 18 ppg in an offense that went mainly inside. Nahhh hes no good.

Lets take MKG who really looks lost offensively or Beal who is strictly a 3 pt shooter. Cmon.

...wut? More RPG and APG than Barnes. Can shoot from outside but likes to get to the basket. Great athlete. Plays decent defense. High motor and work ethic. He's the total package you want from an NBA wing. His upside is as high as Eric Gordon's. Barnes is me first and can't make his own shot. Please go on about how Beal is a one dimensional player, I'd love to hear it.

And in case you missed it, the Bobcats have NO ONE who can consistently make an outside shot. Barnes won't be that guy either.

If Beal backseats to Hendo im all for drafting him. It appears that there are several teams going loco for the guy. So he could be our tradebait akin to OKC's 2009 raping of that draft.

Trob is too undersized, Barnes is an unknown, MKG is an athletic hustle guy with no jumper (oh gee sounds familiar) and Drummond has Dwight like potential, but Kwame Brown's bust stench all over him.

Beal is this team's weapon X come draft time.

If Beal backseats to Hendo im all for drafting him. It appears that there are several teams going loco for the guy. So he could be our tradebait akin to OKC's 2009 raping of that draft.

Trob is too undersized, Barnes is an unknown, MKG is an athletic hustle guy with no jumper (oh gee sounds familiar) and Drummond has Dwight like potential, but Kwame Brown's bust stench all over him.

I Beal backseats to Hendo that means he will be a bust. The bad thing about terrible teams is that fans start to think that some of the players on that team are actually good. Hendo should never be a starter in the NBA.

Beal may sit behind him for a year but if we draft him #2 he needs to become the guy at the guard spot sooner rather than later.

This /thread

Lol hardly? T-Rob is undersized? He is a power forward with a 7 foot 3 wingspan.

Think Al Horford like.

Bradley Beal is freshman and has had one decent year.

Also...

I want Beal as trade bait like he was saying. I personally would rather the Cats trade the pick for two later picks because I don't feel like there is anybody at 2 worth the value of 2. IMO though. I would like T Rob if he was two inches taller

Beal is not a better all around player then Hendo.

Hendo is bigger, stronger, and a better finisher. Not to mention the DEFENSE and rebounding from the 2 spot he provides.

Lets also remember that he might have been on a bad team but his point per game avg. has went up every year in the league at almost 8pt a year.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3993/gerald-henderson

Beal is a undersize SG who will be a mismatch problem every night on the defensive end of the floor.

I say we take Barnes or Drummond or trade down and stop over drafting a position.

example

Felton-DJ-Kemba

...wut? More RPG and APG than Barnes. Can shoot from outside but likes to get to the basket. Great athlete. Plays decent defense. High motor and work ethic. He's the total package you want from an NBA wing. His upside is as high as Eric Gordon's. Barnes is me first and can't make his own shot. Please go on about how Beal is a one dimensional player, I'd love to hear it.

And in case you missed it, the Bobcats have NO ONE who can consistently make an outside shot. Barnes won't be that guy either.

Barnes also played with 2 inside guys who were getting a lot of rebounds and a PG who lead the nation in assist. All who will be drafted in the top 15 of the draft. But don't let the facts stop you.

Im actually starting to like Thomas Robinson at the no.2 pick bc he brings an attitude and an intensity to a young team that needs it. I would like the pick if we do choose to take T-rob.

Robinson is a can't miss pick BUT, hes nothing really special. He's a solid contributor but may never make the All-Star team. Though, hes someone who we can build a foundation with. I compare T-rob to Okafor. We're basically being put back in the same fuggin situation as we were in 2004. Orlando took Dwight and we had to take Okafor. Anthony Davis is going to build a pretty nice franchise down there for the Hornets, while if we take T-rob we'll just have a solid contributor. Someone who gives us a double double each night and will rebounds the ball, but nothing special to turn a poor franchise around. Also by taking T-rob, it would probably force us to play both T-rob and Biyombo at the same time, which then will leave us with an "undersized frontcourt".

So, I say take Bradley Beal or take a chance on Barnes if we have to choose from those three guys. But in my opinion, right now I say MKG, Beal, Barnes, than T-rob.

You either take a more athletic Okafor/Kris Humpries type of player in Robinson, or you choose to take a Ray Allen/Dwade type of player. I'd take the Ray Allen/Dwade shooter. MJ will also want to come out of this draft having a legit shooter. I know he's watching the Finals with Wade and Westbrook. You gotta think Beal.

Though with the hiring of Mike Dunlap, it could very well be MKG, a defender. That's what Dunlap is known for. Defense. The thing is we need a SF which we dont have. Well, not a legit one. If we take T-rob, can Biyombo play C? If we take Beal, Henderson will become expendable. Though, I think Henderson could probably make the transition into a SF, if we take Beal. So if we take a defender in MKG, we could plug him right into the lineup without having to try re-figuring the lineup.

Archived