• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who spreads the ball around more...Jake or Matty?

rayzor

Game manager fits him fine

Game managers don't sling the ball down the field and lead the league in Air Yards, Top 10 in both passes over 20 and over 40 yards. In 2003/2004 yes he was a game manager more so, but now he pretty much has free reign and just slings the ball into tight coverage whenever he wants. Game managers don't take that chance, Hence why he's considered a gunslinger.

this is something that i have been hoping would be true for jake for years. i'm crossing my fingers more than ever that Rip is able to help him with his field vision. i'm of the persuasion that jake can get there. he has the best receiving weapons he has had probably the whole time he has been here and the best running game and maybe the best Oline. his arm should be in better shape than last year. he has probably the best QB coach he has ever had (of course i doubt there has been much in the way of competition, at least not here, for that designation).

I think the best WR corps was 2003, but I hope that is true this year. To date, I think McCarthy was his best coach, but I hope Scherer is even better. The rest I agree with 100%. I think great field vision is a talent that Brady was just born with, like any other skill/ability, but certainly I think RS can help with the decision making. I am glad RS is coaching him hard and making him explain every bad throw and whacking him with things, and all that other stuff. I'd much rather screw ups happens in practice and they can be learned from and improved, obviously.

Then so is Rex Grossman

Grossman didn't complete a lot of deep ball passes though. Something people are blind to with Jake is he lead the league in passes over 20 per completion same with over 40 yards. main reason he lead in AYPA. AYPA is the amount of yards - the amount of YAC yards/by completions. Jake lead the league at 4.9 AYPA last season.

Grossman just made bad decisions on short to intermediate passes which is where he got into trouble at.

Most of Jake's bad pass attempts (picked or not, when he's forcing the ball into coverage.) it's usually deep down the field 15+ yards. I also think you'll see more dumpoff's this season and more consistent deep reads for Jake.

With all that said, I hope it's toned down a bit this season. I have reason to believe it will be as well with RS actually being a QB coach. I also think you'll see more consistent deeper reads by Jake as well as more dump off passes.

Archived