• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Workout Warriors

Darth Biscuit

• 2 weeks later...

Started another round of P90x monday .. will post pic results when done. Starting weight 220 .. goal 185 even.

Damn, that's a serious goal... good luck.

Work hard and you can do it.

I finished my latest vitapak this past weekend... started it at 215, down to 210 right now... will probably come back up some though... still been hitting the gym very hard. Trying to keep changing things up.

Tweaked something in my back last week... either my lower trap or something between my ribs... was a motherfuger for a day or two last week and got better... tweaked it again this Tuesday doing squats, but not as bad this time... crap like that really aggravates me.

Damn, that's a serious goal... good luck.

Work hard and you can do it.

I finished my latest vitapak this past weekend... started it at 215, down to 210 right now... will probably come back up some though... still been hitting the gym very hard. Trying to keep changing things up.

Tweaked something in my back last week... either my lower trap or something between my ribs... was a motherfuger for a day or two last week and got better... tweaked it again this Tuesday doing squats, but not as bad this time... crap like that really aggravates me.

First time I did it I went from 250 to 170 in 50 something days before all my workout partners quit so I think it's a very attainable goal. I wanna get down to 170 and build back up to 185 in muscle if I can. on a 5'10 frame shouldn't be too out of the question.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Panthro, didn't you post something on here somewhere about doing that 100 pushup challenge? I swear I thought it was you, and that I commented on it, but I can't find it to save my life...

I looked at the website the other day and did the initial test on Friday since it was chest day for me anyway...

Are you doing that program, and if so, how's it going?

I wanted to see how many I could do just for kicks, but I don't think I'm going to do that program... I got 48 in a row in one set... My chest was on fire and that's also a really good cardio workout...

Hey Panthro, didn't you post something on here somewhere about doing that 100 pushup challenge? I swear I thought it was you, and that I commented on it, but I can't find it to save my life...

I looked at the website the other day and did the initial test on Friday since it was chest day for me anyway...

Are you doing that program, and if so, how's it going?

I wanted to see how many I could do just for kicks, but I don't think I'm going to do that program... I got 48 in a row in one set... My chest was on fire and that's also a really good cardio workout...

I posted it on Facebook (worlds colliding) and it going pretty well. My strength has always been in my legs so it's working me over pretty good

Just an update from my last post:

I am starting my last week..(Week 13) of p90x. During the past month is when I have seen the most physical change. I can really see the difference when I compare myself now to my pre-picture. Like I said in my last post...my legs have seen the most improvement and my upper back. I did this run through with resistance bands, which actually worked better than I anticipated and are good for a small apartment and budget.

That being said, I think I am going to invest in dumbbells and do it again. In the meantime I will do the workouts in an effort to maintain what I have and start it again after I get the dumbbells. I am thinking about asking for the dumbbells for christmas considering my poor grad student financial situation.

Just an update from my last post:

I am starting my last week..(Week 13) of p90x. During the past month is when I have seen the most physical change. I can really see the difference when I compare myself now to my pre-picture. Like I said in my last post...my legs have seen the most improvement and my upper back. I did this run through with resistance bands, which actually worked better than I anticipated and are good for a small apartment and budget.

That being said, I think I am going to invest in dumbbells and do it again. In the meantime I will do the workouts in an effort to maintain what I have and start it again after I get the dumbbells. I am thinking about asking for the dumbbells for christmas considering my poor grad student financial situation.

I'm starting week 3 .. I have everything .. and I can say the dumbbells are way more challenging.

I'm starting week 3 .. I have everything .. and I can say the dumbbells are way more challenging.

Yeah it makes sense..that being said I have gotten a great deal of results merely from the huge amount of exercises that use bicepts/tricepts, shoulders as secondary muscles..mainly the pushups and pull-ups.

But, I would like to get stronger...even more than I am now. So dumbbells is definitely my next step.

So... I was wanting to wait on updating everyone until I finished the entire "process" but, may as well just do it.

I did all of Insanity EXCEPT the last week, smh... That was about 3 weeks ago that I completed an entire week. Possibly 4 weeks ago. Part of it was because I started thinking ahead to starting another round of it, the other half was that I tried to change my workout times up. I was doing the entire program usually after midnight or later because it was easier once all my kids went to bed. But, that got so taxing because I'd end up working out at like 2am and finishing at 3am and then I'd end up not being able to lay down and sleep until about 5 or 6am everynight.

I was tired of that schedule so I tried to start doing my last week in the morning right before or after I took my oldest daughter to school. Then that got thrown out of whack because I seem to take the workouts a lot harder in the mornings and if one of the two younger ones got up during the workout, I wasn't able to finish it. Then I thought I'd try doing it after my wife got home from work, but it was just hard to start b/c we'd end up catching up on everything or running errands then.

So, here I am, still contemplating how to finish my last week of Insanity, lol, almost 4 weeks later. One measly week, and I just can't finish it, lol.

Meanwhile, I stopped taking whey protein because in my last completed week I took almost 4 scoops within 24 hours (still within recommended amount) and had a pain in my lower back - I assume my kidneys. Told my doc about it at my physical last week and some trace amounts of protein and blood show up in my urinalysis as well. The doc thinks I'm trying to pass a kidney stone, lol (TMI, I know). So, I'm avoiding that now as well and will be trying to get all of my protein from whole foods for now on.

In the meantime, while trying to decide whether to finish the last week or abandon it and just start the second round of Insanity instead, I have been doing 20 pushups, 20 diamond pushups, and 20 reps of various abs exercises every other night. I also purchased the Classic 50 Powerblock Dumbbells and THEY ARE AWESOME, so I've added in some curls and shoulder presses as well. Just been doing that to keep some strength up until I figure out my plan of attack.

Amazingly enough, apparently Insanity kickstarted my metabolism and I had some delayed results from it. Started at around 188, as high as 189, and have been hovering between 177-179 since my last completed week. I've thinned out quite a bit in the waist area compared to where I was at before, and I feel much better in general. Now, if I could just figure out what to do and how to do it from here, and get down to my goal weight of 160-165.

Sorry for the novel, but there's my update.

So... I was wanting to wait on updating everyone until I finished the entire "process" but, may as well just do it.

I did all of Insanity EXCEPT the last week, smh... That was about 3 weeks ago that I completed an entire week. Possibly 4 weeks ago. Part of it was because I started thinking ahead to starting another round of it, the other half was that I tried to change my workout times up. I was doing the entire program usually after midnight or later because it was easier once all my kids went to bed. But, that got so taxing because I'd end up working out at like 2am and finishing at 3am and then I'd end up not being able to lay down and sleep until about 5 or 6am everynight.

I was tired of that schedule so I tried to start doing my last week in the morning right before or after I took my oldest daughter to school. Then that got thrown out of whack because I seem to take the workouts a lot harder in the mornings and if one of the two younger ones got up during the workout, I wasn't able to finish it. Then I thought I'd try doing it after my wife got home from work, but it was just hard to start b/c we'd end up catching up on everything or running errands then.

So, here I am, still contemplating how to finish my last week of Insanity, lol, almost 4 weeks later. One measly week, and I just can't finish it, lol.

Meanwhile, I stopped taking whey protein because in my last completed week I took almost 4 scoops within 24 hours (still within recommended amount) and had a pain in my lower back - I assume my kidneys. Told my doc about it at my physical last week and some trace amounts of protein and blood show up in my urinalysis as well. The doc thinks I'm trying to pass a kidney stone, lol (TMI, I know). So, I'm avoiding that now as well and will be trying to get all of my protein from whole foods for now on.

In the meantime, while trying to decide whether to finish the last week or abandon it and just start the second round of Insanity instead, I have been doing 20 pushups, 20 diamond pushups, and 20 reps of various abs exercises every other night. I also purchased the Classic 50 Powerblock Dumbbells and THEY ARE AWESOME, so I've added in some curls and shoulder presses as well. Just been doing that to keep some strength up until I figure out my plan of attack.

Amazingly enough, apparently Insanity kickstarted my metabolism and I had some delayed results from it. Started at around 188, as high as 189, and have been hovering between 177-179 since my last completed week. I've thinned out quite a bit in the waist area compared to where I was at before, and I feel much better in general. Now, if I could just figure out what to do and how to do it from here, and get down to my goal weight of 160-165.

Sorry for the novel, but there's my update.

Diddy, I quoted this to give you a notification so I could tell you congrats on the hard work. I know you were getting discouraged by not seeing the scale move for a while but like Shaun says, 'Keep Pushing Play.'

As for me, I'm about 3 weeks into Asylum now and let me tell you this poo is tough. But it is so damn rewarding you just keep going back for more. The only partial downside is you need a very good amount of space to do these workouts. I've had to pull up the rug in my living room, move my coffee table into the dining room, and push my couch and chair to the wall to make enough room and I'm still a little cramped for space every now and then. Shaun pushes you in Insanity but in the Asylum he damn near kills you. Volume 2 comes out soon (or maybe it's already out) and I'll be getting that once I finish this.

Also, do we have any dedicated runners on this board? I've been reading about marathons, and I see there's a half-marathon at Charlotte Motor Speedway in late March next year. I'm thinking about signing up to run it and have been looking at half-marathon training programs. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated for someone who has probably never run more than 3 miles at once.

Any suggestions on a workout simply to look and feel great? I had been on a power-lifting regimen, but the compound lifts are not really doing it for me as far as my look goes (though, I'm getting my strength back to high school levels). I am lost as far as toning and definition workouts go, so any pointers?

Archived