• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chud's New Playbook

redbuddha

The Panthers are creating their own identity. All of the other teams will take notice of us again this year based off of what we did last year, so new wrinkles would help. Adding Tolbert and an increased playbook is going to make us interesting, I just hope our defense can keep up this year.

Too much of a run game? Does that exist?

As long as our offense is moving the ball and scoring, I don't care how we get it done. There's more than one way to win games.

I think what people mean is uneven talent distributed in the run game vs the pass game.

Tolbert will help the short passing game tons more than the running game. Dude can beast some swing routes and screens.

Tolbert is also flat out gonna straight up steal some of Double Troubles reps. Will be very interesting to see of can run those read option out of the gun with Cam....bc he is the ideal blocker and reciever in those sets

The most dangerous thing that an offense can be is balanced yet unpredictable....which is exactly what the Panthers should be.

The pass happy teams that have seen success have elite QB's. Now look at the Panthers.....we have a situation where we do have an elite QB, but also have RB's that can pound you and an OC that is very unpredictable.

DC's are going to have nightmares trying to prepare for this offense. They have no idea what they are going to see and must be prepared to defend an elite passing game....a QB who can run...a backfield that is the best in the league....an offense that will show the spread option, wishbone, wing option, fumbleruski, etc....

You will see the running game much more potent this season because teams will not be able to put 8-9 in the box.

If the defense can be middle of the road, this si a double digit win team.

I wouldn't say those teams had success because of their lack of run game, I think they had success despite their lack of a run game. They had phenomenal QB play to mask their poor running game. Luckily for us, we're now in a situation where we have both a phenomenal QB and a phenomenal running game . This can only be a good thing.

But the production of this offense leans more towards the pass game. So we seem to be doing fine in that aspect.

Ah but here is the difference.

DWill goes down week 1. No big deal. Offense is still a gorilla with a chainsaw for a penis.

Steve Smith goes down. HUGE deal. Impact on O is big.

Archived