• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Of Hangman and Gross

Kurb

I would actually keep Hackett.

He is cheap and solid.

I wish we could trade L. Johnson for a pack of gum or something.

Anything to keep from paying him for sucking ass on ST and looking lost on the field.

I've given up on getting rid of Goings, he will be here for next 20 years I think.

Oh okay, I didn't consider that.

I say we the Panthers cut:

Landon Johnson

Ken Lucas

Nick Goings

DJ Hackett

Nail Diggs

And that should open up plenty of cap space to sign Peppers and Gross, if we can manage it or not I have no idea.

Who shall play SLB ? Connor a rookie ? Curry a ST ace ?

Who will play Nickle ? Rookie ? Weasly? :eek:

Nail Diggs is great LB cutting him would be foolish IMO.

Hackett is making basically nothing, and has been OK.

I remember the two LB's we signed after losing Spoon, Diggs and Keith Adams. Neither one could fully grasp all the aspects of our D so we only kept one. And Diggs was evaluated at teh end of his first season as being a fair player for us (at best) so we gave him a one year extension and that was it. Now look at him after 2 1/2 seasons with us.

Landon Johnson deserves another year to "get it". I think his upside is much higher than Seward's and Anderson's.

Cutting Diggs would be a horrible move.

I think Johnson getting cut is a no brainer. Getting a steal in the draft with Dan Conner and Johnson's play, or lack thereof, has sealed his fate.

Hackett is cheap, only cut him if you need a roster spot.

Lucas is the big one. With him restructing last offseason I'm not sure if cutting him would help that much. Add to it the incident with Smith and the fact that Marshall has looked bad this half of the season. Who knows.

But as I said I think the cap space is there in 2009 for both Gross and Peppers to resign without any cuts. The problem is future years.

I remember the two LB's we signed after losing Spoon, Diggs and Keith Adams. Neither one could fully grasp all the aspects of our D so we only kept one. And Diggs was evaluated at teh end of his first season as being a fair player for us (at best) so we gave him a one year extension and that was it. Now look at him after 2 1/2 seasons with us.

Landon Johnson deserves another year to "get it". I think his upside is much higher than Seward's and Anderson's.

I agree.

How much was his deal ? It wasn't astronomical IIRC.

Jake will be an easy sign.

He knows better than to leave the hands of 89. :lol:

I would actually keep Hackett.

He is cheap and solid.

I wish we could trade L. Johnson for a pack of gum or something.

Anything to keep from paying him for sucking ass on ST and looking lost on the field.

I've given up on getting rid of Goings, he will be here for next 20 years I think.

Who shall play SLB ? Connor a rookie ? Curry a ST ace ?

Who will play Nickle ? Rookie ? Weasly? :eek:

Nail Diggs is great LB cutting him would be foolish IMO.

Hackett is making basically nothing, and has been OK.

Well we have Connor, Seward, James Anderson, and we could draft a rookie to fill his spot. Diggs has been okay, but not worth his contract in my opinion. I'm probably wrong though.

Nick Goings has a lot of intangibles, but most players can do the things he does. He isn't special and doesn't deserve all of that money.

Ken Lucas has been nothing short of garbage his entire tenure here, and I would love to see the Panthers go out and get Nnamdi Asomugha. Think how good the panthers D would be with Gamble and Asomugha in our secondary, Beason and Davis in the middle and a pretty damn good Defensive Line. The funny thing is, we could probably get Asomugha for the same price as Lucas.

Landon Johnson was overrated coming into Carolina, and he failed to wrestle a starting job away from anyone, and in relief he hasn't been special at all.

I won't cut Lucas or L. Johnson. But if you are looking at the roster and compare production vs. salary and you need to cut someone Lucas and Johnson would be ones you would cut IMO.

Of course, not many thought that Wahle was going to get cut last offseason. Just goes to show how much the fan base doesn't know.

Fox dose not get rid of D vets unless he has too see Rucker. I would think Johnson would be gone or its more then likey he stays cause Seward is gone thats for sure.

Archived