• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I hate Mare.... but

Udogg

Kicking off of a tee for 70 yards is a bit different than having it on the ground with a holder. Some guys just struggle with kickoffs. Even if it hits at the 5 and we give the opposing offense the ball at around the 30, that isn't a big deal. Coverage has to be there whether we kick it 5 yards into the endzone or 10 yards short of the endzone.

Kicking off of a tee for 70 yards is a bit different than having it on the ground with a holder. Some guys just struggle with kickoffs. Even if it hits at the 5 and we give the opposing offense the ball at around the 30, that isn't a big deal. Coverage has to be there whether we kick it 5 yards into the endzone or 10 yards short of the endzone.

If Medlock's allergy to touchbacks continues, Mare will be the kicker going into the season.

mare hate just seems to be "in" right now. i know we are trying to be "young" and all, and develop our guys. but mare has been in the league, and [hopefully] can take pressure situations. i look at it as:

mare's spot to lose

medlock has to wow me to take over the spot

medlock has been good, but nothing unbelievable, e.g., the weak leg on kicks offs [which means A LOT considering our shoddy special teams]

Archived