• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RG3, the most marketable rookie in NFL history.

Nine_Lives

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19937599/so-far-rg3-is-most-marketable-rookie-in-nfl-history

'And it makes sense: Griffin is the new face of one of the most storied NFL franchises in one of this country's biggest media markets. He's got personality, and he's got skills. He's got a big smile, and he's got plenty of talent. Why wouldn't you want him endorsing your product?'

Saw an Andrew Luck interview recently and he was asked why he has not been on any commercials, accepted endorsements, and why he hadn't been marketed as heavy as RG3.

Luck said that he has had the same opportunities as RG3 but he has turned them down. He's a rookie and doesn't want and distractions. He wants to focus on football and eventually earn the right to be a public figure.

Classy answer. No question in my mind who will be the better pro.

Saw an Andrew Luck interview recently and he was asked why he has not been on any commercials, accepted endorsements, and why he hadn't been marketed as heavy as RG3.

Luck said that he has had the same opportunities as RG3 but he has turned them down. He's a rookie and doesn't want and distractions. He wants to focus on football and eventually earn the right to be a public figure.

Classy answer. No question in my mind who will be the better pro.

Me too, thats why i would have drafted Luck over Cam and RG3. As would every other GM in football.

Congrats to RG3 for getting paid. Can't really say I blame him for taking the $$$$. Luck obviously has his priorities in a different place, however.

It's sad and pathetic when a fan thinks appearing in a commercial for five dollar footlongs will equate to more than a 3 win season.

Except the Elephant man sounds like Morgan Freeman compared to Luck's drooling mumbles. Prettier smile as well.

to be honest, both of these guys are awful looking.

RG3 looks like a crack baby and Luck looks like a giant australopithecus with an over bite.

Got ya...

I never fault any athlete(especially in the NFL) that takes advantage of their opportunities..bc one made commercials in the off seaon does not mean he isnt working hard to master his craft. The window to make money could be a short one for some..

Do not fool yourself, Luck looks more like a crack baby...loved him in Goonies...Didnt know he was from Australlia!! Good to know!

Archived