• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much time will Joe Adams see on offense?

Donald LaFell

Dude. I am really gettin riled now. You continuously discount my assersion that Adams put the ball on the ground more than you care to admit. He had back to backers against the Steelers. Do you even watch the games? What about the one against the Texans? That doesn't count either?

You continue to ignore facts, never offer any. And I am supposed to bow to you? Mkay. Hubby don't play that game.

It is the only critizism I have. And it should be to you as well. So what, are you in denial? You continue to harp away like you think I am wrong. I love this about you. No homo intended. You think you are right, but have no proof. Yet you plow away like there is not tomorrow.

When you can prove I am wrong. I will support you. Problem is, you can't. Sorry bout that.

Adams had butter fingers in college, and he has continued that trend through the preseason. I love the excitement he brings. Too bad we won't see it if he can't get this fixed.

Fact is he had 1 turnover. You have repeatedly claimed he had multiple turnovers.

I have repeatedly acknowledged Adams will make mistakes....whether it be a muff, turnover, or running backwards. it happens with that type playmaker....you deal with it pending he makes the big plays. he made those mistakes at Arkanasas....but the positive was worth the negative.

I have 2 issues win your recent rants.

1- you have repeated claimed he turned it over to opponents multiple times which is false. ( not that he muffed a KO...you said he turned it over to opponents more than once)

2- nonsense that Edwards is a better option

You got a deal then.

You do know the odds of my winning, are not good. My hope is that they give Adams the job. If he can keep it, we are a better team. My brain says, this is a tough call for Rivera. His brain says butter fingers, (See, I'm not the only one saying it.) but his heart is saying, but but but... he is good.

You want to show confidence in your kids. You just have to balance that with the greater good. CRA and FRA (That is eerily eerie) would have you believe Adams is worth the risks. Notice the plural. I on the other hand, would prefer my ballhandlers not put the ball on the ground.

If it is Adams, I am good. fug that, I love the kid, who doesn't? I guess I'll just cover my eyes during PR.

If we're basing it on turnovers, Armanti Edwards would get the starting nod over Devin Hester.

A lot of PRs fumble often, but if you're good enough the team will deal with it.

That was the joke that started this whole thing. AE is on the team because he does not put the ball on the ground as a PR. It was a dig at Adams. Kinda blew up on me.

I get that the ball hits the ground, even with the best of them. It is just, the best don't do it nearly as often. You don't get the opportunities if you put the ball down to often. Just a given, I thought.

We are not a team that allows more than a few. That is not our culture. Adams is scary in that department. Wish I could shake it. Wish he would prove me wrong.

Cuz he has the talent to be very good. Even if it is only for a couple of years. We all know our big dream is for him to mirror Smitty. That would be like lightning striking 23 times in the same place. Not too likely. But hey, Huddlerz are never short on dreams. We just can't all get together on any one dream at the same time.

Just curious Hubby...just going by your logic, would you rather have Alex Smith as your QB than Cam? Cause you seem to place more of a value on simple ball security rather than explosiveness, big play ability, and the ability to move the ball down the field. Cam throws more picks (you can equate that to Adams muffing or fumbling more punts), but Cam throws for more yards and TDs (you can equate that to Adams picking up more yards per return and getting the occasional PR TD). It seems you want our PR to just play a "game manager" role, rather than actually contribute something substantial to the team.

Fact is he had 1 turnover. You have repeatedly claimed he had multiple turnovers.

I have repeatedly acknowledged Adams will make mistakes....whether it be a muff, turnover, or running backwards. it happens with that type playmaker....you deal with it pending he makes the big plays. he made those mistakes at Arkanasas....but the positive was worth the negative.

I have 2 issues win your recent rants.

1- you have repeated claimed he turned it over to opponents multiple times which is false. ( not that he muffed a KO...you said he turned it over to opponents more than once)

2- nonsense that Edwards is a better option

I have repeatedly acknowledged that I love the kid. Exciting is not nearly strong enough. Does not factor into my belief that he is scary with the ball.

1) The muff against Pitt. The one that rolled down the sidline while he gave chase. Does not count as a turnover? Even though Pitt wound up with the ball.

1a) The fumble on the prceding PR was credited as a fumble. Not a turnover, but it was on the ground.

1b) The muffed KO (I know, I know, I was wrong on the original posts) against the Texans. Was not a turnover, so it did not happen?

That is 3. 2 we got back. 1 we lost. Anyway you count them. It still adds up to three balls on the ground. In 4 games.

Truthfully, I can't believe I have to keep repeating this. Do you not remember any of these? And I swear he dropped one as he was tackled going out of bounds against the Phins. But that is neither here nor there.

Point being. He is scary. He is exciting. He is a rookie. He is putting the ball on the ground. There just may be consequences. A teaching moment if you will.

2) Total nonsense that you actually believe, after everything I have said, that I truly believe AE is a better PR than Adams. Now as for a better option. That is for Rivera to decide. I think Rivera will start AE just to send a message. The ball does not hit the ground.

It may be that Adams starts and never looks back. That would tickle me sick.

It may be that AE starts. That would not tickle me in the least.

I may think AE is a viable option only because of Adams inability to treat the football with the proper respect it deserves.

So I assume that is your long winded version of saying you were wrong....there was only 1 actual turnover by Adams.

Devin Hester - 8 fumbles his rookie year all on returns, ...followed it up with 7 the next year. Oh noes!!! He is butterfingers! Playmakers at PR miss handle balls.....duds like Armanti will just go out and worry about making and catch.

Just curious Hubby...just going by your logic, would you rather have Alex Smith as your QB than Cam? Cause you seem to place more of a value on simple ball security rather than explosiveness, big play ability, and the ability to move the ball down the field. Cam throws more picks (you can equate that to Adams muffing or fumbling more punts), but Cam throws for more yards and TDs (you can equate that to Adams picking up more yards per return and getting the occasional PR TD). It seems you want our PR to just play a "game manager" role, rather than actually contribute something substantial to the team.

Curiosity killed the cat. I have never mentioned big play ability. I have never advicated for a "game manager" at PR. Just because I rag on Adams for his butter fingers has nothing to do with any of that.

Alex over Cam? Am I really supposed to answer that? Way to jump in with both oars.

I appreciate your interest though. I got to watch Barry Sanders. Guy never fumbled. I am not going to start naming players that do or don't make mistakes. That is not the point.

Playmakers by nature are willy nilly types. Arms and legs flying everywhere. poo happens. Qbs like taking risks. poo happens.

A rookie with a history of butter fingers comes in, drop a few, and gets a pass. Exciting or not. I want my rookies to impress me, not depress me. I just want my playmaker to hold onto the fuging ball.

Anyone else have a question? Cuz if I ain't got the answer, someone on here will.

So I assume that is your long winded version of saying you were wrong....there was only 1 actual turnover by Adams.

Broken record, broken record, broken record.

So your arguement has come down to this? You actually claim to have no knowledge of Adams muffing any punts? Those do not count? Or you do not care? As long as it is not a turnover, you are good? Cool story.

1 turnover

3 balls on the ground. In four games does not concern you? OK good to know.

Sorry, you cannot disprove my claim.

Broken record, broken record, broken record.

So your arguement has come down to this? You actually claim to have no knowledge of Adams muffing any punts? Those do not count? Or you do not care? As long as it is not a turnover, you are good? Cool story.

1 turnover

3 balls on the ground. In four games does not concern you? OK good to know.

Sorry, you cannot disprove my claim.

I have acknowledged he muffed balls. He will continue that....as I have stated.

Again, my point was merely to point out your false info....which was you falsely claimed he turned it over to opponents multiple times. False.

Your claim was disproven. Which is you now only acknowledge 1 turnover....as your others where disproven.

Look at great rookie return men....Steve Smith - 8 fumbles, Hester 8 fumbles.....it happens with playmakers at that spot. You dwelling on it only matters if he isn't a playmaker. Those were fumbles as well...not even counting their muffs.

They weren't benched

Devin Hester - 8 fumbles his rookie year all on returns, ...followed it up with 7 the next year. Oh noes!!! He is butterfingers! Playmakers at PR miss handle balls.....duds like Armanti will just go out and worry about making and catch.

So my putting thought into my response bothers you? Oh my.

If you are willing to live with those numbers, go ahead. I am just putting my money on Rivera being a lot less forgiving than you, or Chi are/were. Ask Goody how long Rivera can hold a grudge.

I could be wrong, and am willing to accept that. Adams may, then again he may not.

I want Adams to shine. I do not want AE returning punts, or catching punts in his case.

The only aspect of this whole mess that actually is your fault. Is the fact that your memory is shot.

Other than that, you have no clue what I am talking about. You have gotten fixated on one element and am missing the whole point.

I know I am a master at double speak. I just am at a loss, that I could be this effective.

All that said to say. I love this place. I really do enjoy the hell being here.

Curiosity killed the cat. I have never mentioned big play ability. I have never advicated for a "game manager" at PR. Just because I rag on Adams for his butter fingers has nothing to do with any of that.

Lol...how are you not advocating a "game manager" at PR? Your whole argument is contingent upon the fact that Armanti, while he doesn't gain many yards on his returns, doesn't turn the ball over...that PRECISELY describes a game manager. And okay you never mentioned big play ability...I never said you did. I'm showcasing what Adams brings to the table versus what Edwards brings to the table.

Adams - big play ability/explosiveness, ability to regularly move the ball down the field, issues with ball security

Edwards - Doesn't turn the ball over, limited effectiveness

That's what each player brings to the table.

Cam - big play ability/explosiveness (on the ground and through the air), ability to regularly move the ball down the field, issues with ball security (fumbles/INTs)

Alex Smith - Doesn't turn the ball over, limited effectiveness

How does my question not dignify a response? Am I missing something here? Why does your logic only apply to Adams and not Cam? Special teams is 1/3 of the game...it's arguably just as important as a good offense and defense.

So my putting thought into my response bothers you? Oh my.

If you are willing to live with those numbers, go ahead. I am just putting my money on Rivera being a lot less forgiving than you, or Chi are/were. Ask Goody how long Rivera can hold a grudge.

I could be wrong, and am willing to accept that. Adams may, then again he may not.

I want Adams to shine. I do not want AE returning punts, or catching punts in his case.

The only aspect of this whole mess that actually is your fault. Is the fact that your memory is shot.

Other than that, you have no clue what I am talking about. You have gotten fixated on one element and am missing the whole point.

I know I am a master at double speak. I just am at a loss, that I could be this effective.

All that said to say. I love this place. I really do enjoy the hell being here.

Mike Goodson wasn't a punt returner...never returned one in his career. He isn't the comparison for a playmaking punt returner....those guys...the good ones....put balls on the ground. It happens.

Steve Smith averaged a fumble every other game as a rookie Pro Bowler

Devin Hester averaged a fumble every other game as a rookie Pro Bowler

* those are just fumbles, not even accounting for balls that hit the ground.

it happens. If we opt to use a playmaker at PR.....we will see some balls on the ground. less acceptable with KOs....see Mike Goodson. Joe Adams also isn't a KO guy. Was asked to do a couple in preseason...never been his bread and butter.

Archived