• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 - Carolina Hurricanes (6) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (4)

17+89=6

This is the weakest goalie we have seen all playoffs.

This is the least physical team we have seen all playoffs.

This team is the worst in transition that we have seen in the playoffs

This team only has one great defensmen. NJ and Boston had full teams

Need i say more

Canes in 7... i only even say that is b/c Crosby is that good that he can will his team to at least 2 wins and we give them one in a stinker game...

This is the weakest goalie we have seen all playoffs.

This is the least physical team we have seen all playoffs.

This team is the worst in transition that we have seen in the playoffs

This team only has one great defensmen. NJ and Boston had full teams

Need i say more

Canes in 7... i only even say that is b/c Crosby is that good that he can will his team to at least 2 wins and we give them one in a stinker game...

Weakest goalie? Definitely.

They may not be up to the challenge defensively, but I wouldn't necessarily say they're the worst in transition. In fact, if we play a game like that, we'll likely be making an early exit.

Even though Crosby has Guerin and Kunitz, the 1st line is mostly about shutting down Crosby. Kunitz is pretty good, but Guerin is just an extra. The second line hinges on Malkin, who I think we can contain pretty well.

Their 3rd line is one of the best checking lines in hockey.

Yeah, the only defenseman they have that can move the puck is Gonchar... but their d-men aren't all that terrible defensively either.

I know the media is blowing it way out of proportion by saying that we're massive underdogs. I too believe that New Jersey and Boston were better teams. But... that doesn't mean we can't lose this series. It's all about Cam Ward being big for us again, and not getting into a track meet.

Couldn't hurt if Cole got his offensive game going either.. GO Canes!!

The local sports anchors up here are clearly nervous about this series, saying things like "the Hurricanes are the scariest team in the playoffs" and "I really hoped the Devils would have taken care of them because the Hurricanes are dangerous". I agree with them. Folks, as long as we don't let up, we got this. Barring this team just plain running out of gas, it's Hurricanes in 6. Maybe 5. The Pens aren't up against a one man show this time.

Better Go 6....I could not make Game 3 due to family commitment....have Game 6 tix.

Upper Deck...1/3 way up....dead center ice. Can't wait.

The Unofficially Licenced Caniac will be back out in force....been hibernating since Game 7 of the Cup run in 2006.

I will be the idiot with the face paint, mohawk, etc....

Weakest goalie? Definitely.

They may not be up to the challenge defensively, but I wouldn't necessarily say they're the worst in transition. In fact, if we play a game like that, we'll likely be making an early exit.

Even though Crosby has Guerin and Kunitz, the 1st line is mostly about shutting down Crosby. Kunitz is pretty good, but Guerin is just an extra. The second line hinges on Malkin, who I think we can contain pretty well.

Their 3rd line is one of the best checking lines in hockey.

Yeah, the only defenseman they have that can move the puck is Gonchar... but their d-men aren't all that terrible defensively either.

I know the media is blowing it way out of proportion by saying that we're massive underdogs. I too believe that New Jersey and Boston were better teams. But... that doesn't mean we can't lose this series. It's all about Cam Ward being big for us again, and not getting into a track meet.

Couldn't hurt if Cole got his offensive game going either.. GO Canes!!

Unfortunately that's how we play. Fast and hard, we skate fast and crash the net with everyone involved in the offense. It will be a track meet because that's how both teams got to where they were. It's how we beat the Devil's and the Bruins and its how we will beat the Penns.

I'm not really sure why everyone thinks the media has a secret vendetta on the 'Canes. Looking at their team, they have more talent than we do. Malkin and Crosby are absolutely disgusting. Fluery is a competent goalie. Bill Guerin can still snipe the net from above the circles. And they have veteran defensemen with talent, including Gonchar if he can possibly make it through the series.

That being said, I do agree the 'Canes have a very good chance of winning this series. If we play our best hockey, I think that we will. But this Pittsburgh team did just go to the Stanley Cup Finals last year. That was no fluke. If anything they are a bit more experienced this year, which makes them a more than formidable opponent. And I think that Paul Maurice understands that.

GO CANES!!

i thought ya'll might be interested in this...http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4175106&categoryid=2459791

...towards the end of the video, which is a preview of tonites game 1, Barnaby says Carolina has "no chance" if Pitts' Three-Headed Monster is playing well. "No Chance" is a HUGE comment to make about any team, in any situation in any sport. Makes me dispise Barnaby even more. Just thought id stir the pot and feed the fire some more.

:mad5:

Archived