• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt: Patriots "lurking" in the Peppers saga

Mr. Scot

No, not unbeatable, but "damn near unstoppable." There's a difference there. One connotes impossibility, the other difficulty. I am too old and have seen too much to speak of impossibilities. I might add that but for a mix of great desire, luck, and favor from God, the Pats would have been undefeated, which technically made them damn near unstoppable.

They screwed with the football gods though. That's why Brady's knee got shredded in Week One last year.

Prior articles would indicate that this isn't necessarily a unanimous viewpoint in the Panthers front office.

My own theory is that Fox is the "keep him at all costs" guy while Hurney is "give him up for a good enough offer". I'd also have to say that if they're willing to give up a 2nd or 3rd for Derrick Burgess, I feel we could possibly get fair compensation for Peppers (even if it's less than the official demand).

The problem has been that everyone of the articles has speculated about what they think may happen or what might get done. Hurney for his part has not said anything publically except that they expect Peppers to come back and play and be a Panther. Further that they welcome him back.....blah, blah, blah.

The theory that Fox wants him back, Hurney might not, etc is as you say speculation with no factual basis that we know of yet. It is predicated on the premise that as a coach you always want your players back and as a GM business guru you are willing to wheel and deal.

I suspect you may be close to the truth but to this point none of us know anything for sure and those that do aren't sharing.

The problem has been that everyone of the articles has speculated about what they think may happen or what might get done. Hurney for his part has not said anything publically except that they expect Peppers to come back and play and be a Panther. Further that they welcome him back.....blah, blah, blah.

The theory that Fox wants him back, Hurney might not, etc is as you say speculation with no factual basis that we know of yet. It is predicated on the premise that as a coach you always want your players back and as a GM business guru you are willing to wheel and deal.

I suspect you may be close to the truth but to this point none of us know anything for sure and those that do aren't sharing.

Everything you just said is dead on....and I hate every word of it !

No, not unbeatable, but "damn near unstoppable." There's a difference there. One connotes impossibility, the other difficulty. I am too old and have seen too much to speak of impossibilities. I might add that but for a mix of great desire, luck, and favor from God, the Pats would have been undefeated, which technically made them damn near unstoppable.

Suffice it to say that Pep wold make a force to be reckoned with that much more difficult to conquer. But it would not be impossible.

I'm not so sure it is or was divine intervention.

Archived