• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt: Patriots "lurking" in the Peppers saga

Mr. Scot

Near the bottom of Gantt's latest: Vacation, schmacation

In other news, there's still no news on Julius. So that's covered for another month.

(Although, I am intrigued at Jason Taylor signing a cut-rate deal with Miami, not New England. The Pats would love to have Peppers, but it sounds like they're struggling with the two-pronged compensation required to get him. Know this, they're lurking.)

Also refers to Peter king's ranking the Panthers 18th as "asinine" :lol:

Bellichick basically told Peppers and his agent in so many words sign the tender so we can start talking. Me thinks his agent is gonna ass around till he dose not have time to learn a new scheme and no one wants him.

Problem for the Patriots is that they can't afford to pay the draft picks or pay Peppers what he may want as it upsets the status quo. It would set a nasty precedent of paying dearly for talent which would come back to haunt them when players like Brady come up for their next contract. New England has always prided themselves on getting talented players for cheap because they want to play for the Patriots. I wonder if Peppers would take the bait as well.

Peppers is a moron, and his agent is even worse! The Patriots could have the guy!

Makes you wonder, though:

He said he wanted to go to the Pats. Carolina told him to sign the tenure so they could make it happen....he didn't. They told him to sign the tenure so they could work to make it happen....he didn't. Does he really NOT want to leave, was he using the threats to get a 'the highest paid defensive player ever' contract and over-played his hand....or was I right to begin with - he's just a complete moron?!

Problem for the Patriots is that they can't afford to pay the draft picks or pay Peppers what he may want as it upsets the status quo. It would set a nasty precedent of paying dearly for talent which would come back to haunt them when players like Brady come up for their next contract. New England has always prided themselves on getting talented players for cheap because they want to play for the Patriots. I wonder if Peppers would take the bait as well.
Well, if he told us it's "not about the money" as for the reason he wants out, then if he really wants out of here that badly...

I starting to think more and more that Peppers is going to sit out next year.

Sitting out.

Not signing.

Both are stupid moves. Unless he plans to sign during summer camp.

Nothing that Peppers does follows the book still it would be sweet justice if he sits out and we win it all without him.

As for signing I wouldn't expect him to do until the end of training camp. He probably figures we wouldn't pay him 16 million an then not play him so whenever he reports he will still start. That way he does at little as possible which I contend is why he is sitting out right now. He wants to do as little as possible and get paid more than anyone.

Something New, oh wait. NvM, we've heard this one before. As for Peppers, I would like for him to sign so he can get out now. Don't wanna be here then get the hell out.

Fiz you might have a point there, although I don't think he's ever been playing with a full deck. Look at his problems at UNC. I mean seriously how do you need to take a Drama final twice to pass????????????????

Archived