• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers keep scouting staff intact

Mr. Scot

I love it that people are already counting out Hilee Taylor... again. Not so fast folks; he did as much or more as a rookie, as CJ did when he was a rookie. I say that Taylor is still in the mix, and may the best man win.

I agree Taylor did a lot in the little PT that he did get in his first year. And I feel if he didn't get hurt he would have done more. May the best man win for the DE spots, but I feel under Meeks system Taylor may try to take advantage and really show people what he's about.

Well, it was either that or a typical PFT title that implies something that isn't there like...

Back on subject, not to say we haven't seen results under Gregory (and I may be asking for too much) but I was hoping to see some results from our players selected deep in our drafts the past three years and so far, not much in that department.

Somebody on NFL Live today suggested that the Panthers might be a possibility for Vick... :eek:

It's for sure the talking heads have watched the Cardinals playoff game lately... :lol:

I love it that people are already counting out Hilee Taylor... again. Not so fast folks; he did as much or more as a rookie, as CJ did when he was a rookie. I say that Taylor is still in the mix, and may the best man win.

I agree.

Somebody on NFL Live today suggested that the Panthers might be a possibility for Vick... :eek:

It's for sure the talking heads have watched the Cardinals playoff game lately... :lol:

Yea I heard that too, and almost sprained my neck shaking my head.

NFLN was also taking the Saints over everyone else in the South, so a whole bunch of :rolleyes5: going on today.

Do these guys live on the same planet we do?? Please for the love of GOD, and all this HOLY.........NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl:

It is really dumbfounding to see how out of touch with our org they really are.

Give it some more time, Barnidge and Taylor are set to play a bigger role in our offense this year and Dante Rosario did make some key plays at the start of last season. Part of the problem is that we do so well early in the draft that we don't have much room for our later picks to grow into.
Granted, as our first draft under Gregory is the 2007 draft (not the 2006 draft as I used to believe). It's difficult to judge a draft until at least year three and we're going to get a good idea on the quality of of drafts under Gregory by this time next year. Right now, I'd have to say that our higher draft picks are working out well but we're not finding any long-term starters deeper into the draft. I'd be okay with that since it's in line with expectations with regards to where a player is drafted. High draft pick = starters, low round pick = backup and camp fodder

That's probably the ONLY Panthers game they watched the whole season. :lol:

I don't understand why analysts talk about what they think the team should do as though it's going to happen. Oh, we think the Panthers will go after Vick despite all the evidence to the contrary showing the organization's unwillingness to sign someone who is a troublemaker, Turd Watch regular, and/or has a notable criminal record. Oh, yeah. Makes perfect sense to me! :rolleyes:

Archived