• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney interview on WFNZ @ 8:45a

Johnny Rockets

Yea you cant draft a 5th round cb from a small school and think we are ok at cb. His weakness in recognizing and evaluating talent is amazing.On one hand Josh was a great 5th round draft pick but thinking he can come in and start is stupidity.I am convinced he just does not get the whole picture.

i think we did well with this draft. norman has done incredibly well for a rookie. once he has a year or two under his belt he's going to be very good. i think we have a good one with alexander. i think we scored with nortman. i believe that silatolu and keuchly both will be among the elite at their positions in a couple years.

if we can keep drafting like that i think we will have a very solid team in a couple years.

that draft, though, i'm hoping just isn't an anomaly and is actually a sign that we are heading in the right direction with draft choices.

that said...i don't like that we had to rely on so many rookies this year. i think it speaks to a badly built team when you are in a position to give that many rookies that much responsibility.

i think we did well with this draft. norman has done incredibly well for a rookie. once he has a year or two under his belt he's going to be very good. i think we have a good one with alexander. i think we scored with nortman. i believe that silatolu and keuchly both will be among the elite at their positions in a couple years.

if we can keep drafting like that i think we will have a very solid team in a couple years.

that draft, though, i'm hoping just isn't an anomaly and is actually a sign that we are heading in the right direction with draft choices.

that said...i don't like that we had to rely on so many rookies this year. i think it speaks to a badly built team when you are in a position to give that many rookies that much responsibility.

Well that what I am saying he gets some of it but does a bad job at looking at the talent on the panthers and picking up players where needed.Norman was a good pick in the 5th but thinking he should be able to hold his own his 1st year is ludicrous I really try to give him credit where credit is due but their is no excuse for some of the talent we are having to play this year. He had other options keeping either Butler or Stanford or picking up someone that could at least hold their on.We have limited money and I get that but feel he could have put together a better team.

Well that what I am saying he gets some of it but does a bad job at looking at the talent on the panthers and picking up players where needed.Norman was a good pick in the 5th but thinking he should be able to hold his own his 1st year is ludicrous I really try to give him credit where credit is due but their is no excuse for some of the talent we are having to play this year. He had other options keeping either Butler or Stanford or picking up someone that could at least hold their on.We have limited money and I get that but feel he could have put together a better team.

we don't have all that limited cap space. we could have spent more. i don't feel good about butler or stanford. neither one of those are better options than norman.

i think we'll be happy that norman got the experience he's getting this year in the future, but for this year it sucks.

i think safety is where we are weaker, though, and i think that is probably holding the D back more than anything. i don't want godfrey to be our best safety going into next year. i'd like for us to pick one up in FA and draft one early. we need a huge turnover there.

we don't have all that limited cap space. we could have spent more. i don't feel good about butler or stanford. neither one of those are better options than norman.

i think we'll be happy that norman got the experience he's getting this year in the future, but for this year it sucks.

i think safety is where we are weaker, though, and i think that is probably holding the D back more than anything. i don't want godfrey to be our best safety going into next year. i'd like for us to pick one up in FA and draft one early. we need a huge turnover there.

I agree with you on safety but I am not comparing Butler or Stanford to Norman I am comparing them to Thomas who we will be fielding this week.

I agree with you on safety but I am not comparing Butler or Stanford to Norman I am comparing them to Thomas who we will be fielding this week.

gotcha. don't feel good about any of them, tbh.

this is one area that having reliable starting safeties would help. it would take a whole lot of pressure off having to rely on your 4th CB. i don't care what team you are...if you are having to give your 4th CB significant PT, you are going to be struggling.

again...i'm just happy this is happening in a week that we are playing such a weak passing offense.

Our starting CBs Sunday will be a 5th and 7th rounder.....and we have a first round pick in Cam running, a first pick in Williams occasionally running, and a first round pick in Stewart occasionally running.

It really sounds bad when you put it that way but you are correct coupled with 2 ist rd draft picks at lb occasionally playing.

I'm glad that he feels strongly enough to have his guts ripped out and all.... but what exactly is Marty doing to remedy the situation? I didn't feel we got a single answer in that entire interview, just a bunch of "I take the blame". No poo Marty... as you should. But what do you plan to do to move us from almost wons to winners?

Accountability isn't just falling on the sword, it's giving the people relying on you a plan of action to fix things.

gotcha. don't feel good about any of them, tbh.

this is one area that having reliable starting safeties would help. it would take a whole lot of pressure off having to rely on your 4th CB. i don't care what team you are...if you are having to give your 4th CB significant PT, you are going to be struggling.

again...i'm just happy this is happening in a week that we are playing such a weak passing offense.

If I were PCarroll I would put Flynn in and throw it all day.Our secondary is pathetic.

If I were PCarroll I would put Flynn in and throw it all day.Our secondary is pathetic.

i've had this sick feeling i've been forcing to the back of my mind that carroll might actually make the switch at the last minute...mainly because we are typically really bad against replacement QBs. if i was carroll i would most definitely start flynn this week if i was going to make the switch at all. it's a good way to start something positive with a new QB.

Archived