• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney interview on WFNZ @ 8:45a

Johnny Rockets

He was solid till around 2007.

Then the fuging wheels starting falling off.

IMO he made his living off the backs of Steve Smith (another GM), Moose (another GM), Jenkins (another GM), Morgan (another GM), Peppers (no brainer pick), etc.....

Millen was fired due to angry fans holding a protest. I swear, every day I get closer and closer to writing that letter to JR. Maybe you Charlotte boys could organize a protest of sorts. JR will do nothing until someone gets in HIS face. And to date, I bet not one person has. Ok, maybe his sons. Oops.

I wrote a letter after the Chicago game in 2010 and got a call from Danny Morrison on "behalf of JR". I expressed my extreme displeasure with the cheapness of the team, the way home field is dominated by opposing fans, etc. Then, the great businessman that is Danny Morrison smooth talked me into saying "Thank you Big Danny, may I have another." and had me bowing at his feet by the end of the call. He pretty much pwnd me.

What would help not exposing Nak as such a liability in coverage would be to QUIT PLAYING A F*CKING ZONE. When will McDerpit learn? The Giants torched it, Atlanta torched it, and any other team that watches film on us and has a competent QB will torch it.

He's f*cking braindead.

If we played 2 man under, and leave Nak as literally the "last line of defense" in helping the corners, we wouldn't have saw what happened Sunday.

He should never be in one-on-one coverage. NEVER. EVER.

Even when they did the highlights on NFLN and showed that first TD to White where Nak flailed around and fell over, Marshall Faulk immediately said, "You put that safety in the box, and you don't ever take him out." If he's gonna be out there, that's how it will have to be, or playing man with the safeties 2 deep, that's the only way we will ever WIN on defense as of now.

And after listening to that interview...

LOL.

They really did ask him much tougher questions than usual. And I'm convinced that was Hurney facepalming after the game in Rivera's post game video now.

And, I think Hurney reads the huddle regularly.

What would help not exposing Nak as such a liability in coverage would be to QUIT PLAYING A F*CKING ZONE. When will McDerpit learn? The Giants torched it, Atlanta torched it, and any other team that watches film on us and has a competent QB will torch it.

He's f*cking braindead.

If we played 2 man under, and leave Nak as literally the "last line of defense" in helping the corners, we wouldn't have saw what happened Sunday.

He should never be in one-on-one coverage. NEVER. EVER.

Even when they did the highlights on NFLN and showed that first TD to White where Nak flailed around and fell over, Marshall Faulk immediately said, "You put that safety in the box, and you don't ever take him out." If he's gonna be out there, that's how it will have to be, or playing man with the safeties 2 deep, that's the only way we will ever WIN on defense as of now.

Yeah I heard that too. Either that or they're going to have Gamble and Norman switch sides, which they did some on Sunday.

I wrote a letter after the Chicago game in 2010 and got a call from Danny Morrison on "behalf of JR". I expressed my extreme displeasure with the cheapness of the team, the way home field is dominated by opposing fans, etc. Then, the great businessman that is Danny Morrison smooth talked me into saying "Thank you Big Danny, may I have another." and had me bowing at his feet by the end of the call. He pretty much pwnd me.

Damn. You can't even get to The Man. Gots to sneak the letter in and hand deliver it. Are there any attractive women on this forum? Dress slutty, say you have a "special delivery" for JR. You'll be let right in. Then BOOM SHAKALAKA, slap that letter on his desk.

Yeah I heard that too. Either that or they're going to have Gamble and Norman switch sides, which they did some on Sunday.

Yeah, I made that point in one of the post-game threads as well... The thing that stood out to me throughout the game was all of the talking Nak was doing with Norman after they gave up a pass. It's clear our guys struggle with the zone concept and gamedays aren't the time to work out the kinks. They don't know when to pass off their guy to the next and the next guy doesn't know when to pick them up... At least that's how it appears with Nak and Norman.

They can't have two first year starters on the same side, at the very least. I still wish we would just limit zone as much as possible. It hasn't done us any favors thus far and some of our personnel has shown that they aren't capable of effectively playing that style of defense.

I just listened to this. WOW.

You can hear the passion and worry in Hurney's voice. He did sound emotional. So I do think its good to know he GENUINELY does want this franchise to win and is very invested in this. But he hasnt done his job very well (especially the last couple years) and has crippled our franchise with too many draft picks that did not pan out or did not become impact players. Good interview.

Archived