• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Polian on Who Has a High Ceiling. RG3 or Cam

You'd be a moron to take Cam over RG3... and I like Cam.

Are you basing this on a handful of games??? IMO you would be a moron to conclude that it's moronic to take Cam over RG III after looking at such a limited resume fir these guys.

I don't mind people believing RG III would be better, but speaking of it as a fact is crazy.

Are you basing this on a handful of games??? IMO you would be a moron to conclude that it's moronic to take Cam over RG III after looking at such a limited resume fir these guys.

This goes back to their college days, though. RG3 had an arguably better year at Baylor than Cam did at Auburn, and now is having a better rookie year than Cam did too

Bill Polian needs to take several seats back he was SVP show yesterday talking about how Cam's rookie season was a fluke and not a success. Overall the Panthers didn't have a successful season considering they had a losing record but you can't denie what Cam did at the quarterback position. Polian went on to say that Cam is have the same season he had last year but now he has to play quarterback. Is he serious? Because he can run hes not a quarterback? At the end of the day Cam has the potential to go down as one of the greatest qb to play at his position.

HUH? Put down the bong and walk away from it!

This goes back to their college days, though. RG3 had an arguably better year at Baylor than Cam did at Auburn, and now is having a better rookie year than Cam did too

Cam Newton in college ranked nationally the following:

#2 in QB rating

#1 in YPA

#11 in passing TDs

#12 in rushing yards

#3 in rushing TDs

#1 in total TDs

All this in the SEC.

RG3 was awesome in college and was the best player in college football last year, but he played in the defensively challenged Big 12.

And RG3 has been awesome for a rookie so far, but he has had only 2 multi-TD throwing game to this point. Same as Cam at that same point last year.

And Cam, he had 15 total TDs by game 7 and RG3 has 12.

But RG3 has been great so far and probably is having a better rookie year overall to this point. It will be interesting to see how he plays the rest of the year and if he can keep it up.

we had a slow afternoon at work so i spent most of it watching griffin's games on game rewind. i'm no expert but it really, really looks to me like griffin only has one read on most of his pass plays. a lot of what washington runs are quick hitter pass plays that get the ball out of griffin's hands as fast as possible to his receivers without having him go through a progression. this seems to become particularly clear on slower developing plays where his receivers are running deep routes. it looks like he just stares down one guy and waits for him to come open. it also doesn't look like he's really looking off the defense either; he seems to lock on to one side of the field and only looks at the other side if he's looking to run.

of course, if this is how the offense is designed, i can't really blame him for doing what he's supposed to. that'd be rather hypocritical of me considering how i pin most of cam's problems this season on the shitstupid offense we're running. it's an interesting possibility though especially considering the sort of dichotomy between "stupid" newton who can't run a pro offense supposedly and "cerebral" griffin that we always see being pushed.

Cam Newton in college ranked nationally the following:

#2 in QB rating

#1 in YPA

#11 in passing TDs

#12 in rushing yards

#3 in rushing TDs

#1 in total TDs

All this in the SEC.

RG3 was awesome in college and was the best player in college football last year, but he played in the defensively challenged Big 12.

And RG3 has been awesome for a rookie so far, but he has had only 2 multi-TD throwing game to this point. Same as Cam at that same point last year.

And Cam, he had 15 total TDs by game 7 and RG3 has 12.

But RG3 has been great so far and probably is having a better rookie year overall to this point. It will be interesting to see how he plays the rest of the year and if he can keep it up.

He was also the highest paid player in college. You don't make the big bucks for nothin'!

Swing and a miss

what's your college team

unless they're division III or something there are undoubtedly players getting action under the table. the university i went to was an FCS power in the 2000s and those dudes always had nice clothes, shoes, jewelry, and drove cars/SUVs with custom exhaust, paint, rims, and alpine stereos. graduation gifts i guess.

He was also the highest paid player in college. You don't make the big bucks for nothin'!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... look at you! So precious!

(I'm betting Georgia Bulldog... amiright? Yeah, Cam kicked your ass too. Oh, and tell nancy-boy Aaron Murray that Nick Fairley says "Hey!")

Archived