• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RG3 quote on Cam comparisons

Car123

If RG3 had sense he would be calling Cam and asking him for pointers.

Biggest thing I notice form Cam is patience, he is a patient qb this year. Taking whats given to him by the defense. 

That is something I dont see from Kaep or RG3

Another thing  you don't see from Cam this year.  Fumbling when he gets sacked.  Look at how many lost fumbles these guy got. 

They get slammed they fumble.  Cam goes down he has the strength to hold onto the ball.  You really appreciate his strength.

Chris Carter seems to love to compare RG3's second year to Cam. And I noticed some Redskins fans are clinging on to this line/hope as well. But I say NO! They're some big differences (some of them have been mentioned above) between them. 

1) Cam doesn't throw teammates under the bus

2) Cam actually improved during this second year, especially as the year progressed, hit the mid point season

3) Cam actually excels in a conventional NFL offense. RG3 (at this point) absolutely CANNOT!!!!!!!!!

Note:  As we all know: A major problem Cam's second year, was going away from conventional NFL sets. Him improving, also included going back to them. RG3 can't function with out motion, the pistol, excessive trickery, and a strong run game. 

4) Cam is very Humble, and always gives the oft stated "Brady/Brees/Manning Humility" when his team wins, and confessional/apologies when he loses, makes a bad play. i.e., he takes ownership. Always! Even at the risk of scrutiny from a perpetually lurking media ready to exploit for the latest non controversy. 

5) Most of the poo the media said about Cam last year was overblown and fishing. Meanwhile, RG3 has given them seemingly a new basket of delectable treats and controversies to chew practically every day (since last year, when threw Kirk Cousins underneath the bus, and fought with his coach during the playoffs). This doesn't include the Cam comments/comparison, and other stuff which took place before the playoffs. Unfortunately, most of this was underreported (though it was simmering and present) last year, but it's all come out this year in an Avalance with his and the teams poor play. 

6) Cam's back up is not taking his job anytime soon. Though the Redskins maybe loathe to do it; ultimately Kirk Cousins may be the better QB in DC for the long run???? I think (though it's never mentioned), this may have something to do with RG3's surliness when he struggles (along with his Diva personality). . 

7) Along with personally improving after the midpoint season, Cam's team may actually have a better record to end his second season (Redskins are 3-8 now). 

8) Cam got most of his stats, when it counted (win or lose in most games). Most of RG3's big stats this year, have come in ULTRA GARBAGE TIME, when the Skins were out of contention; many times after the first quarter!!!!!!

We can go on and on. But I will stop here. You get the point, picture. Lol

So their 2nd years maybe similar on the surface Chris Carter. But they were not the same, and certainly for different reasons (if they could be compared) under closer scrutiny. That's just lazy ESPN Journalism we've unfortunately grown accustomed to. 

It's all good.

He dissed Cam in the media last year too and we played the Skins a few weeks later and beat their ass. Suppossedly Cam wispered in RG3's ear 'that is for calling me out in the media... boy" or something like that.

I loved it. Showed he is competitive and sticks up for himself, but he did it on the football field instead of on the media.

I thought he sang the $5 dollar foot long song to him.

Not a fan of RG3 but he has taken his team to the playoffs

True. 

But in a terrible division, and after an (arguably) fluke run/winning streak!!!!!!!!!!!

I say fluke, due to the nature of the Redskins offense last year. It was a high school offense in my opinion. 

And the division is terrible again this year. The difference is, defenses have figured out the Skins (or at least not going for the fakes, and daring RG3 to throw). 

I took RG111's statement to mean he wanted to be a Super Bowl type QB later on, not as a slam directed at Cam who was just getting started in the NFL.

I almost feel sorry for RG111 because if the Redskins and RG111 continue to go South, his career wains,one  the media had painted so shiny bright.

Cam has never throw a team member under the bus.. Can RG Knee say that.  He is a NFL Darling. 

If Cam did half the crap RG Knee did he would be crucified.

This is true. I don't get why.  My best guess is a lot of people in the media expressed that Cam was a terrible pick and wouldn't amount to much and they have let their desire to be right form a bias against Cam.

Archived