• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dash's 2013 Mock 4.0

Dash Global

Trade down and acquire extra 2nd.

Make some moves and move some players and acquire a 3rd.

1st Round: 6'3 DT John Jenkins UGA

6_271693.jpg

Struggling with this pick. So many directions to go here. It all depends on what you have planned for the later rounds imo. In any event this guy can plug the middle and generate a decent push.

2nd Round: 6'3 FS/CB David Amerson NCST

136158139_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

I think Amerson will make a nice FS which is what he played in hs. He has insane ball skills. Would just need to add a little bit more weight imo.

2nd Round: 6'3 WR Cordarrelle Patterson Tenn

283086_t607.JPG

Huge play guy. Love this dudes potential.

3rd Round: 6'3 WR Da'rick Rodgers Tenn Tech

recap-unc.jpg

Rodgers is the real deal. Not sure he will last to the 3rd but if so id ****** him up. If Rodgers is off the board go with Quinton Patton. Our WR corps would be completely transformed over night. The idea of having Smith, Patterson, Rodgers, and Lafell on the field at the same time is jizz worthy.

4th Round: 6'5 OG Alvin Bailey Ark

hi-res-6553974_crop_650.jpg?1350538612

We need some help at OG. Bailey fits the bill just nicely.

Do you know about Rodgers?!? That dude is an absolute beast. Go look at what he did the SEC last year and what he is doing this year.

I have no clue how people list him as a 2-3 rounder. Might have something to do with character issues idk

I like Trufant a lot, I just think Rodgers is on another level.

Do you know about Rodgers?!? That dude is an absolute beast. Go look at what he did the SEC last year and what he is doing this year.

I have no clue how people list him as a 2-3 rounder. Might have something to do with character issues idk

I like Trufant a lot, I just think Rodgers is on another level.

Oh yeah...just not high on back to back WRs. Rather go with one or the other AND cover another area of need.

I would be quite pleased with that draft. Jenkins is my 3rd or 4th choice at DT in the 1st, trading down for just a 2nd shouldn't drop us so far we miss out on both Star AND Hankins unless we win 5 or 6 of the rest of our games. If that happens, I doubt we'll be trading down and getting that 2nd anyway.

Also I don't think that's a picture of Alvin Bailey. Thats a Miss St. Player lol.

Looks like the back of his jersey says G. Jackson or something like that heh.

I'd have a hard time taking Da'Rick. Not a good person to have on your team. He's a great talent, but a cancer on the team. Do you think that Dooley would really have booted him with his job on the line?

I'm also not a big fan of Jenkins. He's not had a very good year if you've watched UGA. I like Jarvis Jones or some of the stud defensive ends and definitely Milliner from Bama. Keep an eye on Larry Warford from Kentucky later in the draft, would he be around in the 4th or try to trade into the 3rd for him? His team is terrible, but he's a quality guard.

Just my opinion feel free to boo me.

I don't know what to make of Amerson anymore honestly though. I thought that his value as a CB would be off the charts if he could prove he was fast enough to keep up with elite receivers but I'm not sure that he is. We play a lot of zone coverage at NC State and I think that is the scheme he is going to have to play in. Either be a purely zone corner (which is rare) or be a FS...then when you talk about the FS role I question his ability to tackle consistently.

So IMO he is a boom or bust pick...great ball skills and great at going up to get it at its highest point but shady tackler and doesn't have elite speed...I hate to say but its true. So...I agree with whoever said to draft Trufant as well. I think we need to come out of this draft with two potentially elite corners. But I love the Jenkins pick and I really like Cordarelle Patterson as well. Lots of question marks still with Amerson and Rogers though.

I don't know what to make of Amerson anymore honestly though. I thought that his value as a CB would be off the charts if he could prove he was fast enough to keep up with elite receivers but I'm not sure that he is. We play a lot of zone coverage at NC State and I think that is the scheme he is going to have to play in. Either be a purely zone corner (which is rare) or be a FS...then when you talk about the FS role I question his ability to tackle consistently.

So IMO he is a boom or bust pick...great ball skills and great at going up to get it at its highest point but shady tackler and doesn't have elite speed...I hate to say but its true. So...I agree with whoever said to draft Trufant as well. I think we need to come out of this draft with two potentially elite corners. But I love the Jenkins pick and I really like Cordarelle Patterson as well. Lots of question marks still with Amerson and Rogers though.

I compare Amerson to Antrel Rolle. Both are very similar imo.

Rolle was a CB who was drafted very high by the Cardinals.

He had trouble playing cb and then made the switch to FS, which been very good for him.

I can see Amerson making a switch and having success like Rolle.

Tackling is about technique so I would hope our coaching staff could get Amersons tackling to an acceptable level. But yea its a slight risk.

I look at Rodgers like a Dez Bryant. He has some baggage but is crazy talented. Worth the risk imo in the third.

This is gonna be a pretty deep draft. Should be able to get good players all through the first 3 rounds.

Archived