• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Access Help! (Please?)

Jeff L

The assignment says to "Create the Student Fundraising Query: Display all projects table records with a calculation field named student amount that sums the 4 project amounts and multiplies the sum by 25%."

I have created the calculated field name StudentAmount and have the following in the field:

StudentAmount: [Project1Amt]+[Project2Amt]+[Project3Amt]+[Project4Amt]

That adds the 4 project amounts like it is supposed to. When I try to multiply that total by .25 (* .25) it goes crazy and gives me something other than the total it is supposed to be. For example, the first student total is $170.91. If I add * .25 to the end of the above forumula I get 120.915 which I know is way wrong. $170.91 divided by four is $42.72 which is the answer I should be getting.

Any ideas why it is not working?

Is it possible that your order of operations is messed up and your equation is only multiplying Project4Amt by 0.25, then adding that result to the other 3 Project Amounts? In other words, is it calculating: Project1Amt+Project2Amt+Project3Amt+(Project4Amt*0.25) instead of (Project1Amt+Project2Amt+Project3Amt+Project4Amt)*0.25?

Archived