• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

anybody doubting the Shannon Brown trade?

bLACKpANTHER

Not really, Shannon was not fitting into Brown's system as hoped and we all know about Morrison. Vlad fits well into the system but his late season slump has him down with fans but I think LB will give him another year considering he can play #3 or 4.

Sometimes an average player will click with the right team and look like star which is the case with Brown.

nope, getting Morrison off the books was worth it

Morrison actually makes 1.5 million less per year than Radmanovic and only had one year left on his deal whereas Radmanovic has two. The Lakers made the deal to dump Vlad's salary, Brown was just a bonus.

Brown would have been nice depth behind Raja. SB had a really bad game where he did some incredibly stupid things right before he got shipped off. That really bad game is probably what did him in.

Congrats to him for playing well in LA. People tend to forget that he was a 1st round pick. He has talent. He just hasn't been refined and he lacked an understanding of the game. He will mature into a solid player.

I love to see Shannon doing well in LA, but it kills me at the same time as I knew before we shipped him off that it was the wrong move...We talk about needing a great SG in the draft this year and yet we shipped off a guy who had tremendous potential in that position for a role player who really is at the peak of his ability as it stands now. I guess being buried behind Larry's guy (Raja) at that position didn't help things. Raja getting hurt exposed us pretty bad there and having Shannon would have been very nice. He really is blossoming into quite the lockdown defender.

I loved the way Shannon Brown played before he came to the Cats... loved watching him with the Cats and was sad to see him go. That dunk over the Birdman 2 nights ago was nuts. I think Shannon is going to fit well with the Lakers though and I wish him the best of luck.

As others have mentioned already, Jared Dudley was a difficult loss to cope with. That trade was definitely bittersweet.

Archived