• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tablet Advice

Johnny Rockets

So my 8 year old daughter wants an I-pad for Christmas but she is 8 so she is not getting one. I would however like to get her a tablet in the $200 range if there is one that is good that would be easy to use and somewhat durable. She uses my iphone constantly downloading apps and watching youtube videos and such. That is really all that I would need the tablet to do, but would like something that if it lasts, she can continue to use as she gets older.

Was thinking about the Nexus 7 but I honestly don't know sh*t about them. What tablet would work similar to what she is using my iphone for and would be the best bang for the buck?

Thanks in advance for the help and the most helpful post will win absolutely nothing.

you can get the "old" kindle fire (ie last years model) for less than 200 new, I'm sure less than that used. I have one and it would be fine for an 8 year old.

Kindle Fire huh? Great....I noticed they have different versions. Is this the one I am looking for?

http://www.ebay.com/...119625854&ps=54

This is on the link Zod provided, might interest you:

Kindle FreeTime - a free, personalized tablet experience just for kids on the new Kindle Fire. Set daily screen limits, and give access to appropriate content for each child

This is on the link Zod provided, might interest you:

Kindle FreeTime - a free, personalized tablet experience just for kids on the new Kindle Fire. Set daily screen limits, and give access to appropriate content for each child

Interesting thanks. Truth be told I probably won't bother restricting anything. If I let her go to public school, free range internet can't be much worse right?

(kidding...I was just about to look up how to limit access)

Archived