• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

we are now the hornets! (espn thinks so...)

pantherdad

Mike Conley scores 20 as Grizzlies down Hornets for 8th straight win Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Mike Conley scored 20 points and the Memphis Grizzlies beat the Charlotte Bobcats 94-87 on Saturday night for their eighth consecutive victory.

Zach Randolph added 18 points and 12 rebounds, and three other players scored in double figures for the Grizzlies, who own the NBA's best record at 8-1. Rudy Gay had 16 points and Marc Gasol and Tony Allen scored 12 apiece.

Memphis led by as many as 17 points in the fourth quarter.

Byron Mullens scored 18 points and Kemba Walker added 17 for the Bobcats, who cut the Grizzlies' lead to five points three times in the final period, the last at 92-87 on Bismack Biyombo's dunk with 13 seconds remaining.

Charlotte had won three straight.

I would rather win a championship and be called the Charlotte Ponderosa Pines than have a better sounding name and never win anything. A name means absolutely nothing. Then again, if I COULD win and still have a name I like, why not?

I see no harm in changing the team's name to something that means Charlotte. The Hornets name has history, to the city. The name Bobcats name was due to an issue the previous owner had with his own ego. Nobody except Bob Johnson and his son ever liked the darn thing.

If it doesn't happen and the team remains the Bobcats, I won't loose any sleep.

Still, there are more people who would love to see the Hornets brand return than people who could give a fuging poo if the Bobcats brand left.

@BringBackTheBuz

GUYS ITS OFFICIAL! Benson's wife announce tonight this is the LAST YEAR of the New Orleans Hornets!New name will be announced @ end of season

i think MJ would be foolish not to go after the name now.. with all the fans writing petitions for it and such.. especially now that the team is coming together and exciting and winning.. we need to rid ourselves of the "Laughing stock Bobcats" aura..

Archived