• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone here concerned with Cam's future (next year)?

Didn't you say in the game thread yesterday that you had talked to a coach on our staff who said Cam cannot run a pro style offense?

If this is true, if that is the feeling; there might be problems going forward.

key words...coach on our staff.

they've pretty much proven to be incompetent, have they not?

key words...coach on our staff.

they've pretty much proven to be incompetent, have they not?

Oh I agree, and I have no doubt that once a coach reaches the NFL ranks they are insufferable assholes who are tough nuts to crack in terms of adopting change. They're always right. I mean how hard headed is Chud and Rivera at this point? No one knows better than them!

i said somewhere else something similar to this. i also think the fact that we've got someone like accorsi working with us that it gives us more respectability than we would otherwise have.

there are several things in place that would make this a solid location for a good GM and HC.

Exactly. Not only Cam, we have players like CJ, Beason, Kuechly on Defense and Gross, Olsen, Stewart/Dwill, 89 on Offense.

Anyone think Fisher wouldn't be drooling all over us this offseason over his Rams?

You really think so?

I just don't see who we would bring in here, be it a veteran like Jason Campbell or Mark Sanchez or even having the pick of the litter of Barkley, Geno Smith, etc. who is going to have a higher upside than Cam or even come close.

It would be a horrible business move to move on from the guy who had the greatest rookie season of all time just a yea rremoved from that season, I think.

I think any GM brought in should be brought in with the condition of "you are going to build around cam newton, every piece he will need you will go out and acquire".

I think it works in Cam's favor that Accorsi is heading up this search. Think about it, and I only know this because I married into a Giants family but they all thought nothing of Eli Manning when Accorsi was there. They wanted Eli burned at the stake in 2005, 2006. Even the tail end of 2007, there were SERIOUS concerns with Eli's play. You think Cam has bad days? Eli would show up some games and would go 15 of 45, or throw 4 INT's. There was talk he couldn't play in the meadowlands because of the wind. His mechanics were bad. But Accorsi NEVER wavered on Eli. Eli goes on to win that Superbowl at the end of the 2007 season, the rest is history. I think Accorsi is of that stance with Newton; that's just my opinion. But I don't think Accorsi would dump on Newton. I think he knows and has told Richardson that something special exists here with our QB and he's going to bring in a guy who builds around Newton.

I am a huge Cam fan and would hate to see anything like that happen. All I'm saying is its the NFL and anything can happen.

The cap hit from moving Bradford would have been too high, and the contract was too much for another team to take, given that the jury is still out on whether the 2010 NFL offensive rookie of the year will justify the huge financial investment.

Given that the jury is still out on whether the 2011 NFL offensive rookie of the year will become a franchise quarterback, the next regime in Carolina may want to go in a different direction.

I know this is a glorified blog and everything but are there no editors on board?

Oh I agree, and I have no doubt that once a coach reaches the NFL ranks they are insufferable assholes who are tough nuts to crack in terms of adopting change. They're always right. I mean how hard headed is Chud and Rivera at this point? No one knows better than them!

that said...it doesn't really bother me if he can or can't.

the offense needs to be tailored to his strengths. the offense needs to be molded around him rather than trying to mold him to some offensive scheme that may not fit his skill set.

newton is incredibly talented. yes, he has areas that he needs coached up on and needs to improve upon, but there is more than enough there to have an elite offense. it doesn't have to be any traditional "pro-style" offense or whatever.

it just has to work. it worked last year. we know it can be done. they just have to do it.

imo, you get a coaching staff that can build around newton rather than try to make themselves look like geniuses and you've got an offense that can, once again, be among the best.

Exactly. Not only Cam, we have players like CJ, Beason, Kuechly on Defense and Gross, Olsen, Stewart/Dwill, 89 on Offense.

Anyone think Fisher wouldn't be drooling all over us this offseason over his Rams?

the offense was a top 5 offense last year.

this defense as-is is turning into a top 15, pushing top 10 D this year.

you put last year's offense with this years defense and you've got a dominant team.

the talent is here. a coaching staff that is able to bring it all together isn't. that's been the problem for years.

Interviewing for a GM job and coaching job isn't the same as interviewing for an inside sales rep job.

We aren't going to ask questions like "What are your greatest strengths and greatest weakness?"

When the GM candidate interviews he will give his vision for how to take the franchise to the next level and become a perennial playoff team.

If whoever is interviewing for the GM comes in to JR's office and says "Well the first thing we are going to do is trade or cut Cam Newton..." Unless there is some riff between Cam and JR that no one knows about, JR is going to get up out of his chair, shake the dude's hand, and simply say "Well, we will let you know" and move on to the next candidate.

This guy has such a hard on for cam it's ridiculous

Actually, some of my detractors here have gotten mad because after Cam has played poorly; I've gotten all over Cam. Although Cam Newton is my favorite athlete, and favorite Panther, I am always objective about his performance. Yes, I do hope he's a career Panther or close to it. If that's a hard-on then that's okay I suppose.

But thanks for adding so much to the football discussion here, Gabeking. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Actually, some of my detractors here have gotten mad because after Cam has played poorly; I've gotten all over Cam. Although Cam Newton is my favorite athlete, and favorite Panther, I am always objective about his performance. Yes, I do hope he's a career Panther or close to it. If that's a hard-on then that's okay I suppose.

But thanks for adding so much to the football discussion here, Gabeking. Give yourself a pat on the back.

about half or more of your threads are about your fears of him leaving or speculation and hopes that we give him a lifetime contract and about ALL your threads are about him one way or another. and you think gene chizik would be a viable option as our HC. im sure im not the only who's getting sick of it.

Archived