• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best MNF performance by a Panther QB

King Taharqa

Delhomme is still the best quarterback the Panthers have ever had, playoff berths and 4th quarter ratings. Newton is anything but clutch at this point but he defently has the skill-set to get there with some coaching and capable team mates.

You give Newton the D Jake had in his prime (and comparable OL)....I would take Newton.

You give Jake in his prime this OL, this lack of RB help, and D. Jake wouldn't be Mr. Clutch

Monday September 29 1997 vs. 49ers (L 21-34)

Collins 11-24 126 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT (36.5)

Monday December 8 1997 vs. Cowboys (W 23-13)

Collins 16-28, 136 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 1 rush, -2 (93.8)

Monday November 27 2000 vs. Packers (W 31-14)

Beuerlein 22-37 243 yards, 3 TD 1 INT, 4 rushes, 6 yards (94.8)

Monday September 13 2004 vs. Packers (L 14-24)

Delhomme 23-39, 284 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 1 rush, 0 yards (88.0)

Monday October 3 2005 vs. Packers (W 32-29)

Delhomme 17-24, 206 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 2 rushes, -3 yards (124.7)

Monday November 13 2006 vs. Bucs (W 24-10)

Delhomme 22-34, 240 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 3 rushes, 2 yards (92.8)

Monday December 4 2006 vs. Eagles (L 27-24)

Delhomme 22-37, 269 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INT, 1 rush, 10 yards (86.4)

Monday December 8 2008 vs Bucs (W 38-23)

Delhomme 14-20, 173 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 2 rushes, -2 yards (73.5)

Monday September 28 2009 vs. Cowboys (L 7-21)

Delhomme 22-33, 220 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, 2 rushes, 10 yards (70.3)

Monday November 26 2012 vs. Eagles (W 30-22)

Newton 18-28, 306 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT, 14 rushes, 52 yards, 2 TDs (125.0)

-------------------------

Most yards passing, highest QB rating, most TDs scored. One of the best performances by a Panther QB on the big stage.

Yes he played a good game but give me a break he threw 2 Tds on blown coverages that any backup could throw.

And the opposing QB was the great Nick Foles!

Give it a rest he played good in the 3rd worst matchup of MNF teams EVER!

wow you mean in the entire 16 year existence of teh Panthers with the best QB rarley playing above average Cam was able to solidify the record versus backups to one of the only two teams possibly worse than the Panthers because of such circumstances?

incredible.

Stop reaching KT, let's wait until something really happens.

Thats the difference between the Washington market and the Charlotte market. The Washington market sees their QB go for 4 TDs against Philly and they use it to bring him up and bestow with him praise. The Charlotte market sees their QB go for 4 TDs against that same Philly team and they try to "quantify" it, or blow off a 300 yard 4 TD performance as "not special", and seem annoyed by the praise. You sound like someone Pass out of existence that doesnt see Cameron as a part of this team.

Thats the difference between the Washington market and the Charlotte market. The Washington market sees their QB go for 4 TDs against Philly and they use it to bring him up and bestow with him praise. The Charlotte market sees their QB go for 4 TDs against that same Philly team and they try to "quantify" it, or blow off a 300 yard 4 TD performance as "not special", and seem annoyed by the praise. You sound like someone Pass out of existence that doesnt see Cameron as a part of this team.

You seem to think he is a football god and we should all be amazed

By his mere pressence, KT just admit it you are a sad man who lives vicariously on Cams "Praise" and you get off to the fat head you have of him on your ceiling over your bed.

You seem to think he is a football god and we should all be amazed

By his mere pressence, KT just admit it you are a sad man who lives vicariously on Cams "Praise" and you get off to the fat head you have of him on your ceiling over your bed.

Which of the MNF performances that I listed do you think was a better performance than last night and why?

We were enjoying it, then we have to put up

With KT going overboard as usual.

it's not going overboard to post cam's stats compared to other MNF QB stats. KT didn't say cam was GOAT, he said this was the best MNF performance by a panther QB. he says plenty of stuff that's up for debate, but why turn this into one of them when there's really not even much of a question?

why is your strategy to attack KT for his exuberance instead of simply debating the merit of his original point? this is known as an ad hominem and it doesn't make you look very adroit.

If anyone else posted this, there wouldn't be a problem. I tend to go back and forth with KT, but this was an interesting stat (a FYI thread)...nothing more.

For the record KC is the worst team in the league right now. We aren't far from that. When Offensive play calling can be up to par, our players can succeed. Cam showed that, and didn't throw the ball into the ground or way over the players heads. He deserves some praise here.

Which of the MNF performances that I listed do you think was a better performance than last night and why?

It is a great performance and is undoubtably the best statistical performance of a panthers QB on MNF I am considering other factors such as quality of the opponent and our own record which is marginal to say the least.

To me this is a great step in the right direction, he has improved on a weekly basis the past couple games, ultimately being an NFL Qb you are judged by W's great Qbs persevere and win, last night was a good example of this, all I'm saying is I want to see some consultancy and some more W's before crowning him, and that past MNF appearances are hardly a measuring stick for greatness, I want to see him put up the best panthers SB performance.

it's not going overboard to post cam's stats compared to other MNF QB stats. KT didn't say cam was GOAT, he said this was the best MNF performance by a panther QB. he says plenty of stuff that's up for debate, but why turn this into one of them when there's really not even much of a question?

why is your strategy to attack KT for his exuberance instead of simply debating the merit of his original point? this is known as an ad hominem and it doesn't make you look very adroit.

My argument was against KTs response to anther poster, therefore not against KT himself but rather his obnoxious "Praise" seriously you would think the guy has won 5 Super Bowls by reading KT"s "praise" of him rather than just a good statistical game against a bad team in the spotlight, I think Cam played great but taking into account the opponent, our record and the fact the game was all but meaningless considering both teams are only one week away from statistical elimination he is going way overboard.

Monday October 3 2005 vs. Packers (W 32-29) Delhomme 17-24, 206 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT, 2 rushes, -3 yards (124.7)

^^^^^^

best primetime performance by a Panthers QB.... ever.

/bait-homer thread

Matt Moore 2009 vs the Vikings.

21 for 33 (63.6%) 299 yards for 9.1 a pass, and 3 td's against the NFC championship game bound Vikings. :)

who cares if we beat one of the worst teams in the league? we are one of the worst teams in the league. evens the playing field a little, and definitely doesn't take away from what cam did. it's still the best performance by a panthers QB on monday night football.

Archived