• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Was Ron calling plays last game?

run1stdownrun2nddown

not a pro-ron post at all, just an observation.

last year, by his own admission, rivera was more involved in the offense which is part of the reason why the defense was so crappy. he said he was going to take more of an active role in the defense since the offense seemed to be doing well.

this year the defense is better, but the offense has been rather crappy and unproductive.

correlation or coincidence?

not a pro-ron post at all, just an observation.

last year, by his own admission, rivera which is part of the reason why the defense was so crappy. he said he was going to take more of an active role in the defense since the offense seemed to be doing well.

this year the defense is better, but the offense has been rather crappy and unproductive.

correlation or coincidence?

Did he actually say he was more involved in the O last year?

I thought he was more of a let the coordinators run things type of coach. I did hear him say he was going to be more involved with the D at the beginning of the year but that does not signify that he "was more involved in the offense"

Did he actually say he was more involved in the O last year?

I thought he was more of a let the coordinators run things type of coach. I did hear him say he was going to be more involved with the D at the beginning of the year but that does not signify that he "was more involved in the offense"

i could be wrong, i mean it happens often enough, but i think i remember him talking about being more involved there. not necessarily with the play calling, but keeping a closer eye on what was going on just because that was the side of the ball that needed the most work (after 2010) and he had a rookie QB starting.

i think he became more hands off the offense this year. at least that's just my understanding.

I don't think Ron could anymore call an offensive play than Chud could call a defensive play. If Ron was involved in actual playcalling, it was on the defensive side of the ball.

i was assuming it was more just influencing what happens and maybe even some gameplanning and making sure that they were working on the right things in practice and focusing on the right things in the classroom.

Archived