• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For those of you grabbing a life vest and jumping off the Cam ship, you bettet make sure it's sinking

SCP

cam is the most polarizing player the panthers have ever had, and that includes delhomme. other players have been scrutinized, yes, but not to this degree.

Just my opinion, but it depends on what you are basing this statement on. Jake was By FAR the most polarizing panther on this board... There was a large group of huddlers who felt Jake did little wrong, and those who blamed everything on him and always wanted him gone. The same battle every day for a few years... Cam has the support of the overwhelming majority of this board, though some have legit criticisms on him (Some I agree some I disagree) but still people don't hate him and want him gone... just to mature in some areas and improve on some weaknesses.

Now for the outside media... Cam is probably the most polarizing panther, though I feel a lot of that is due to cam being one of the few national popular panthers we've had that was worthy of ESPN discussions (By their standards)

It seems funny to me that Cam is getting all this criticism and is perceived to be struggling when his numbers are pretty much on par with last year except for the rushing TD's. Completion % down 2 points, passing TD's per game is down 0.1 per game, but his INT's are down this year and his QB rating is up from last year.

I also love to compare Cam's numbers to Luck's since everyone thinks Luck is just having this great year. Luck is completing a lower % of his passes compared to Cam this year or last, total TD's Cam has 20 and Luck has 22, Cam has a higher QB rating, and Cam has 18 turnovers compared to Luck's 25. I know Luck's team has won more games but it's a TEAM game and it takes more than just the QB to win games.

You can select numbers to show what you want a lot of times... One could also argue Luck throws more than almost any QB in the NFL, is being asked to do wayyy more, and therefore has caused more turnovers... One could also say look at the number of Game winning drives he has had... and statistically his defense is worst than Carolina's....

While Cam has played well as of lately a lot of criticism is coming from the eye test...From Us watching and seeing mistakes we feel Cam is capable of correcting and fixing. We all know Cam has Excellent potential, probably more than any other QB right now, so when he underachieves to what we know he should be capable of, it starts conversation.

It seems funny to me that Cam is getting all this criticism and is perceived to be struggling when his numbers are pretty much on par with last year except for the rushing TD's. Completion % down 2 points, passing TD's per game is down 0.1 per game, but his INT's are down this year and his QB rating is up from last year.

I also love to compare Cam's numbers to Luck's since everyone thinks Luck is just having this great year. Luck is completing a lower % of his passes compared to Cam this year or last, total TD's Cam has 20 and Luck has 22, Cam has a higher QB rating, and Cam has 18 turnovers compared to Luck's 25. I know Luck's team has won more games but it's a TEAM game and it takes more than just the QB to win games.

It gets old to me too.

For example, I think just about everyone would agree that Cam attempts more intermediate to deep passes than Luck. Those are the passes that typically lower your completion %. Yet Cam has a higher completion % than Luck.

My question is this...why do we never hear anyone talk about how Luck needs to improve his accuracy, but we hear that all the time about Cam on this board? Can someone please explain that to me?

Only concern I have is accraucy. He gets that down its ball fuging game. Fish sticks and tits!

Pretty much this. He's performing like an above average QB right now but is missing too many throws the elites could make in their sleep. I'm a huge Cam supporter, he's my favorite athlete right now and I have 100% faith in him, but accuracy is sometimes is one of those things you either have it or ya don't. It's not very easy to fix. I'm not saying Cam has NO accuracy, he just doesn't have good accuracy... It's pretty inconsistent. It comes and goes. His feet should be able to make up for that though.

Pretty much this. He's performing like an above average QB right now but is missing too many throws the elites could make in their sleep. I'm a huge Cam supporter, he's my favorite athlete right now and I have 100% faith in him, but accuracy is sometimes is one of those things you either have it or ya don't. It's not very easy to fix. I'm not saying Cam has NO accuracy, he just doesn't have good accuracy... It's pretty inconsistent. It comes and goes. His feet should be able to make up for that though.

The funny thing is his feet are a major reason for his bad throws most of the time. His foot work can be absolutely terrible . I think once he really works on his foot work and gets that taken care of he will be a lot better.

I think much of it lies in how disappointing our offense has been this year after being respectable last year.They are clearly not in sync.Its really hard to know what the root cause of some of our problems are.I for one am quick to blame Chud but I have to believe some of this mess falls on the players as well.Case in point the OL, which was being hyped as one of the best last season has been horrible in the running game.

The fact is our offense imploded and players are going to get their fair share of the blame including Cam.

Winning is the only way to get out of this funk.If there is a sinking ship, it is the team not just one player.We simply have not played well as a team.

When I say I love you you say you bettet

You bettet you bettet you bet

When I say I need you you say you bettet

You bettet you bettet you bet

You bettet bet your life

Or love will cut you, cut you like a knife

SCP...u crazy Catamount. :)

You bettet believe it.

You can select numbers to show what you want a lot of times... One could also argue Luck throws more than almost any QB in the NFL, is being asked to do wayyy more, and therefore has caused more turnovers... One could also say look at the number of Game winning drives he has had... and statistically his defense is worst than Carolina's....

While Cam has played well as of lately a lot of criticism is coming from the eye test...From Us watching and seeing mistakes we feel Cam is capable of correcting and fixing. We all know Cam has Excellent potential, probably more than any other QB right now, so when he underachieves to what we know he should be capable of, it starts conversation.

I am not just selecting #'s you can look at all the #'s if you want it tells the same story I was trying to get across. Your whole point about Luck having to throw the ball more which leads to turnovers, he has 9 fumbles and his "game winning" drives have come against bad opponents. Of the 8 wins Indy has only 1 has come against an opponent with a winning record.

Archived