• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching / GM News

Mr. Scot

I have no interest in Andy Reid.

West Coast Offense would not fit Newton at all.

Reid's system may not be such a bad thing for Newton. Also remember that Mcnabb threw a lot of down field stuff and it would also incorporate the screen passes that we have all been screaming for.

Till we know who the GM is, it's hard to say much of anything.

Tom Gamble might like a WCO coach, but his connection to Bill Polian makes me think he's a long shot here (Jags and Jets pursuing him).

The Giants run a conventional offense, so I wouldn't necessarily expect Ross or Gettleman to go West Coast.

That, plus Reid is used to having personnel control. That's not likely to happen here.

And word is that Reid wants to be back on the west coast anyway (though the Chargers said no).

Reid in Arizona might make sense. Maybe he'd believe he could rebuild Kevin Kolb.

Yeah I completely agree with you. I also heard Lovie Smith has a lot of interest in the Cardinals also.

Reid's system may not be such a bad thing for Newton. Also remember that Mcnabb threw a lot of down field stuff and it would also incorporate the screen passes that we have all been screaming for.

Cam's a way better long passer than short passer.

The WCO is short pass heavy. Coryall has more emphasis on the long ball.

Rivera or not, I'd much rather stick with a Coryell offense for Newton.

Cam's a way better long passer than short passer.

The WCO is short pass heavy. Coryall has more emphasis on the long ball.

Rivera or not, I'd much rather stick with a Coryell offense for Newton.

I agree with your assessment but it can't be understated Reid's ability to maximize the potential of his QB's see Mcnabb, Kolb, Garcia. The man is very good with young QBs.

Adam Schefter 11 minutes ago. "Rivera to meet with Jerry Richardson to discuss his future." Hmm, so does that mean today?

No, it doesn't mean it's today. He's just repeating what Rivera already said.

As has been mentioned, Richardson isn't in town.

(hopefully, he's in New York)

Cardinals fired Russ Grimm too.

He's a guy I'd love to have as an OL coach (Juan Castillo would be good too) but I don't know that Matsko is in any danger if Rivera stays.

Looks like the Raiders are firing half their coaching staff, but Dennis Allen is apparently safe.

Archived