• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NCAA star vs Former Panther

CanadianCat

Sorry didnt know where to put this..

(yes I know its the CFL not the NFL and talent is not the same...)

That being said, any of you know anything about this guy? A former Appalachian State star, Richie Williams.

He just signed with my local team, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. He will be competeing with (some of you might remember him...) Stefan LeFors for the starting QB position.

Thoughts on these guys...

any thoughts on Williams. im only now getting into NCAA so I've never seen this guy play..

He ran a helluva team, at the top of their division nationally. He should definitely be a challenge for LeFors...

he had a lot of heart i remember him being injured for the first of our three straight championships and remember on the last drive he came in and completed a long pass. He couldnt really move (his best asset) so his oline carried him to the line. i would say since i dont know the level of speed in the cfl that his agility and speed at that position will continue to be his best asset but i am certainly glad he will be able to play qb professionally. he should have won the walter payton award that year too

class act as well and should be a great addition to the winnipeg community

Yeah, I went to App, and Richie made that program what it is. He took over the team when it was a normal .500 team, and lead it to it's first of three consecutive national championships. I disagree with Appstatepanther that his best asset was his legs...He was a very good decision maker and leader. He messed up his ankle badly during the playoffs and couldn't play in the semifinal game. Everyone I knew thought our run was over, but we won the semifinal and went to the championship game. I think appstate panther is getting his story mixed up with the Byron Leftwich story, cause he didn't come in on the last drive of the game and get carried. We were down at halftime, and he started the second half. He could walk, just with a limp. We def. wouldn't have won without him.

He always made good decisions and could run if needed. He will be a good addition to your team.

thanks for the info, if he can crack the starting roster he should be a threat. the CFL is much different then the NFL only 3 downs and a wider and longer field. So if he is a quick as you say he should be able to take advantage.

Only problem is that EVERYONE is faster, ILB's are max 220, DE's are usually 250 so everyone is quick. But if you can get in single coverage, you just have to make 1 move...

Archived