• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The league's only black OC makes it to the Super Bowl....

King Taharqa

Yea I honestly don't understand how nobody gave Lovie an opportunity since he has all the credentials. If McCoy could get a head coaching job then Lovie should've definitely gotten one.

Hey next year if things don't work out for Ron it would be a good idea to give him serious consideration.

Lovie's only issue was his offense was never worth a damn.

Wouldn't mind him here at all.

Its funny you bring up Bob. You and the others called him a racist for having too many blacks in the front office and having black head coaches. Now youre playing apologist for a league that has to force itself to interview people who arent white. Bob didnt meed a Rooney Rule to hire LB, and Jordan didnt need one to hire Dunlap.

Now to actually talk about King Taharqa's question, I think the reason that you don't hear many people bringing up Caldwell is the fact that he has only served up to this point as a member of Tony Dungy's staff for 10 years and never in a coordinator role. His head coaching experience prior to working with one of the greatest QBs of all time, was a 26-63 record and one winning season at Wake Forest in 8 years. Yeah, he got a raw deal from Indy last year, kind of like John Fox in 2010.

But as to why he hasn't been hired yet, he has only been an offensive coordinator for 6 games, one of which was a meaning less game in which all of the backups played (Week 17 against Cincinnati). The offense before the playoffs only had one truly great performance (against the Giants to the tune of 33 points) but that was the week after the Falcons blew them out of the water. Most teams were hiring for their head coach right after the season, before the offense really started getting into synch like they have the last 3 weeks.

If he wins the Superbowl, and does a good job as the OC next year, then I don't think there's a question that he will get another look.

Fair enough. Why do you think there are so few black OCs and QB coaches in NFL history? Why are those jobs EXCLUSIVELY white? And do you think thats impacted peoples reluctance to believe in black QBs so long? Or how to best use them being OCs and QB coaches are pivotal to a QB? Do you think that could possibly put them at a disadvantage on a social level in comparison to white QBs?

Ask yourself this: Why aren't there any white RBs or Corners?

Take that same logic

Apply it to the question: Why aren't there any black head coaches or OCs?

Done

Accidentally thumbs up your post when I should have given a thumbs down. If you are attempting to imply that there are not any black head coaches or OCs because of a lack of ability then you are dead wrong. In fact your logic is beyond stupid. At one point, the majority of RBs and corners were white. And now (mainly because of performance) there are few to none. At no point in NFL history have a majority of the coaches or OCs been black. So try again please.

Racism apparently can only be inflicted upon black people.

I actually saw an article that said Rivera didn't count as a minority head coach....why? He's a minority and a head coach. Seemed pretty odd.

The worst racism that exists in america today is black racism towards latinos.

and KT, you've been looking for some profound reason that blacks have been persecuted over the years and it's an obvious answer that is the sole motivator for most men regardless of race....

....penis envy.

Let me go a little off topic to say are you fuging kidding me? I almost fell over from laughing. In the Marine Corps I observed that many latinos were extremely prejudiced against blacks; well, latinos all seemed to universally hate Mexicans to some degree and a good many of them as a whole did not like blacks that much. But yeah, the rest of your post is pretty much bs as well.

Let me go a little off topic to say are you fuging kidding me? I almost fell over from laughing. In the Marine Corps I observed that many latinos were extremely prejudiced against blacks; well, latinos all seemed to universally hate Mexicans to some degree and a good many of them as a whole did not like blacks that much. But yeah, the rest of your post is pretty much bs as well.

So you're telling me this wasn't the thread for ridiculously absurd posts.

Sonofa.... I've got to figure out this internet thingy

Accidentally thumbs up your post when I should have given a thumbs down. If you are attempting to imply that there are not any black head coaches or OCs because of a lack of ability then you are dead wrong. In fact your logic is beyond stupid. At one point, the majority of RBs and corners were white. And now (mainly because of performance) there are few to none. At no point in NFL history have a majority of the coaches or OCs been black. So try again please.

Ah I was waiting for a response such as this.

I wasn't implying anything, but pointing out the double-standard.

We assume that there are no white RBs/CBs, strictly because of lack of performance.

Then we assume that theres a lack of black offensive coaches, mainly because of racism.

Just pointing out the double standard.

You never attended UNC but consider yourself a fan

I never went to any college. My family is pretty much all UNC fans many have gone there and we have been for over 50 years. How many times do we have to have this discussion? Get off your high horse.

EDIT: Forgive me for not jumping the bandwagon cause i've been a UNC fan since i was born.

Archived